Sunbelt Rentals – the fastest growing rental business in Canada– is seeking an experienced Mechanic – You!
This mechanic/technician role performs preventive maintenance, perform advanced diagnostics, and make complex repairs on equipment in the safest, most effective way possible to avoid downtime. Our fleet varies by location but primarily include Aerial Work Platforms, general construction tools and equipment. Our specialty lines locations may have a fleet of large-scale power-generators, pumps, HVAC systems and oil/gas related equipment. Our double-digit growth and internal promotion rate mean we are constantly looking to add top performers to our team.
Education or experience that prepares you for success:
- High school diploma or GED required, some trade school or equivalent training desired
- Previous mechanic experience with similar diesel equipment and/or heavy equipment or specialty lines equipment (large-scale generators, pumps, HVAC or Oil & Gas equipment) strongly preferred
- a valid Red Seal is an asset
- must be at least a Level 2 Apprentice or higher
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities you may rely on:
- May need to provide mechanic’s tools of the trade.
- Advanced knowledge of hydraulic systems & troubleshooting skills
- Advanced knowledge of electrical systems & troubleshooting skills
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
We Take Care of Our People - join our team now, you will be able to enjoy competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits program
- RRSP matching program
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Prescription coverage, dental care, vision care, short & long-term disability coverage
- Safety boots reimburse program & tool allowance program
- $1500 tuition assistance grant
You will also Develop new skills for a career track in service of operation management
- We promote from within, you can explore your career and get prepared for various roles
- Opportunity to become a shop foreman, operational/service manager and/or advance into branch leadership.
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws.
If you have done any of the following roles, we’d love to hear from you: Shop Mechanic, Mechanic, Technician, Service Foreman, Service Manager, Shop Manager, Mechanic Supervisor, Technician Supervisor, Lead Mechanic, Lead Technician, Diesel Technician, Diesel Mechanic, Service Technician, Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Hydraulic Technician, Hydraulic Mechanic, ASE Certified Mechanic, IFPS Certified Technician
Although we appreciate all who apply we will contact only those candidates who meet our requirements.
Sunbelt Rentals requires applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company. Employment with Sunbelt Rentals is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
Sunbelt Rentals a proud supporter of military families and an equal opportunity employer — women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities are welcome to apply. WEST20
Gear up for an exciting career!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- What Apprentice Level are you (1-4 or NA)?
- Class 5 Licence (required)
Work Location: In person