We are an open, friendly, innovative, and fast paced work environment. We continue to grow and are looking for a committed, talented, passionate star to join our team as a Bookkeeper.
Who we are?
At Classic Group of Companies, food is not just our business, it is our passion. We are a family-owned food solutions group, sharing our passion for food across Canada since 1982. With integrity, class and quality always in mind, we celebrate our 40-year anniversary with loyal customers, partners, vendors, and most importantly, our Classic family. Our mission is very simple: we want to fuel everyone with high quality food, while adding a touch of class. We have grown from operating a single coffee truck to serving millions of people in Canada across our five unique brands: Classic Touch Foods, Passion Fresh Foods, Classique Event Planning & Catering, Classic Cuisine, and Riviera Catering.
What will you do?
You will be responsible for the end-to-end accounting cycle.
Here’s a “snapshot” of your day….
After you start your day off with a fresh cup of coffee, it will be your responsibility to:
- Post and reconcile accounts receivable and payables to the appropriate general ledger account.
- Investigate and resolve account discrepancies.
- Prepare client/customer invoices and resolve payment discrepancies.
- Prepare, process, and distribute various payment methods.
- Create and maintain new and existing vendor accounts.
- Reconcile accounts receivable aging reports, receivable ledger, and accounts payables.
- Assist with month- and year-end preparation and audit process.
- Prepare and remit HST.
- Perform general administrative duties such as photocopying, faxing, mailing, filing, arranging for courier services, etc.
- Manage new hire equipment set-up by making sure that all new employees receive the proper hardware to perform their job, and coordinate software upgrades and implementation.
- Ensure efficient operation of equipment by performing preventative maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques when needed.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Spearhead administrative projects from conception to completion.
- Create various documents/reports as required.
- Monitor and order office supplies.
- As back up: receive visitors and answer inquires at the front desk.
We’ll make sure you’re set by providing a great….
- Environment to shape and lead your career
- Competitive salary
- High impact work to help feed thousands of families across Canada
- Opportunity to learn and grow
- Work with a hard-working, supportive and fun team
Here’s what we’re looking for ….
- A post-secondary education in accounting/finance coupled with a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a similar position within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong computer skills and a working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.) and hands on experience using QuickBooks.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles.
- Exceptional data entry skills coupled with a strong aptitude for numbers.
- Strong attention to detail skills and a proven ability to work under tight deadlines.
- A strong problem solver and critical thinker.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment where you know others counts on you.
- Enjoy building relationship by using your exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- A proven team player that believes all team members contributes to the success of an event.
If you would like to be part of a large and growing team, tell us what would make you a success by sending us your resume and cover letter.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Learn more about us at classicgroup.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person