Hunterwood Technologies is a leading Alberta manufacturer of equipment for the agricultural industry. Established in 1994, the founders believed they could design and manufacture automated agricultural equipment to benefit growing agricultural industries. The company used innovation and engineering to launch into the global hay automation market and has been an expert in mechanical, electrical, automation and hydraulic design and fabrication.
Located in Cochrane, Alberta, a short 30 minute drive from Calgary, we perform work around the world in forage exporting to regions including Australia, Europe, Africa and the United States. At Hunterwood you will work in a dynamic team-based environment where safety and reliability are critical.
What we offer
Hunterwood offers a competitive compensation program including health, dental and wellness benefits as well as RRSP matching program. For more information about Hunterwood Technologies, visit our website at www.hunterwood.com. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants who participate in all aspects of the selection process.
As an Assembly Technician at Hunterwood you will be responsible for the mechanical assembly of Hunterwood projects – component assembly, hydraulic systems and electrical systems.
This is a position in which international travel is required. Employee must maintain a valid passport and ability to travel to remain eligible for this position. Up to 50% travel time could be expected during busy intervals.
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices, such as cranes, jacks, and forklifts, to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and find irregularities and malfunctions
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain hydraulic systems and programmable logic controls
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools, such as lathes and grinders, to fabricate parts required during maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation by using hand and power tools and welding equipment
- Perform QC of work to ensure Hunterwood standards are being kept
- Build according to parameters described in drawing packages
- Comply with all stated safety obligations as outline in AB OHS ACT, Regulations, and Safety Code
- Wear appropriate PPE at all times when required to do so and work in a safe manner that prevents opportunity for accidents
- Participate in safety meetings and briefings and contribute to a positive safe and healthy work environment by taking a proactive role in safety
- Strong mechanical, millwright, and manufacturing background, as well as a knowledge of hydraulics an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail and adherence to quality standards.
- Ability to maintain a valid passport
- Valid Covid-19 Vaccination for International Travel
International travel up to 35% of the time
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$29.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have the willingness to travel internationally which will involve flying, lengthy stop-overs and a willingness to get applicable vaccines required for individual country requirements (this could be a range of vaccines including but not limited to Yellow Fever, Dengue, Malaria, COVID-19 etc.)?
- What hourly rate are you looking for?
Work Location: In person