Requisition ID: 345070
Position Number: 20051214
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: Grace Hospital
Department / Unit: Housekeeping - GGH
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Nights;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $17.068, $17.579, $18.106, $18.651, $19.210, $19.786
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Performs the housekeeping duties that are required to maintain assigned areas in an orderly, safe, clean and attractive condition.
- Experience in institutional housekeeping preferred; experience with housekeeping equipment and products preferred.
- High School education preferred. (Grade 10 equivalent required).
- Ability to understand and accurately follow verbal and written instructions in English.
- Demonstrated ability within the housekeeping department to maintain high work performance standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of departmental procedures and policies with a high level of compliance.
- Physical ability to tolerate constant standing, walking, bending and lifting, as well as physical ability to perform heavy manual work.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.