Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, while listening attentively to understand requests. Provide friendly, efficient and hospitable service at the front desk. Provide efficient and friendly check in and check out service. Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information with routine procedures from a computer system, confirming pertinent information to guest’s reservation. Verify and swipe credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, traveler checks, and other forms of payment. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer. Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages, mail and facsimiles needed.
Verify, balance and record entries of financial transactions reported by various hotel departments during day, using adding, bookkeeping, and calculating machines. Must present a personable, helpful, and professional image. Balance all daily reports for the Hotel. Manage and supervise the staff overnight, to be familiar with the hotel facilities and services and to actively promote the Hotel to customers at all times. Create a sales awareness within the department. To be fully aware of the hotel health and safety and fire and threat procedures. To ensure the efficient running of the night operations. To be responsible for the night audit and ensure that all the monies are held in a proper manner and in accordance with the specifications of the account department. Must be able to liaise with clients and staff and act upon any queries, complaints and compliments received and to take corrective action if necessary.
Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency and or heavy hotel activity.
Close guest accounts at the time of check out. Ensure guest stay was enjoyable.
Responsibilities and Duties
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Front Desk
- Check in and check out guests following the correct procedures
- Make reservations ensuring all bookings made are accurate
- Make bookings ensuring all pertinent information is collected (taxi, game tickets, etc)
- Ensure high level of customer service is maintained at all times
- Take cash, credit card and debit card payments when necessary
- Answer and assist all incoming telephone callers to Front Desk lines
- Assist guests with all questions and requests
- Ensure accurate information is provided to all clients
- Run daily end of shift audit reports and complete daily shift audit
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Answer enquiries regarding hotel services and registration by letter, by telephone and in person, provide information about services available in the community and respond to guests' complaints
- Compile and check daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers using computerized or manual systems
- Present statements of charges to departing guests and receive payment.
- Daily accounting data entry and reconcile
- Hotel security
- Maintain clean and tidy appearance
- Maintain clean and tidy work area
- Assist in Front Desk daily clean up
- Assist with Front Desk’s daily tasks (Call around, Reports, Checking incoming Faxes, etc)
- Any other reasonable requests as made by the Front Desk Supervisor, Duty Manager, and General Manager
Qualifications and Skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of accounting operations.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions
- Must possess the ability to post and balance charges accurately.
- Must be able to maintain a professional manner under stressful situations
- Must be able to answer questions concerning the Hotel and the surrounding area (Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, etc.)
- Must have a passion to provide Excellent Guest service and is able to handle guest issues and go an extra mile to Wow the Guest every time. Perform overnight shifts in combination of Day time shifts as assigned on a weekly basis
- Must be available to work on weekends.
Job Type: Part-time
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person