Respected, busy office with 8 practicing OBGYNs, committed to excellence in patient care is seeking a Medical Office Assistant to join our team.
Candidate to be:
- Professional, energetic, organized, and personable; able to anticipate and able to work well within a group setting. Able to successfully manage responsibilities and multi-task in a busy, fast-paced setting.
- Experience with Oscar EMR and medical terminology
- Able to learn hospital EMR
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to speak another language (preferred)
- Previous experience at an OBGYN office (preferred)
- Patient Scheduling/Register patients.
- Answering and addressing phone calls.
- Intake patients into exam rooms.
- Uploading faxes into patient chart.
- Keeping up with phone/email/EMR messages.
- Document patient communication in the chart.
- Booking hospital-based clinics and surgeries including surgical assistants, all office visits associated and hospital surgical booking.
- Sending the appropriate patient records to hospital/physicians/care providers/legal as needed.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of our patients and staff.
- Assist multiple physicians and staff with day to day activities.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy work environment.
- Sanitizing common areas, following infection control protocols including masking/distancing as needed.
- Participating in cleaning equipment and stocking rooms as needed.
- Participating in tracking supplies and organizing the ordering of office and medical supplies.
- Contributing to a collegial work environment.
- Submitting/reconciling insurance claims
- Processing cash and visa/direct debit payments
- Reconciling/resubmitting OHIP bills
The Employers reserve the right to change this job description as processes/staff change in the office.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$28.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON L5B 2V2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have experience booking surgery?
- Do you have experience with OHIP billing?
- What EMRs have you used?
Work Location: In person