Sterling Crane Canada
Come join a team where People make the difference! As a part of Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial spirit to drive our success, and we're committed to attracting and retaining top talent.
The Manager of Business Development will support in identifying and pursuing revenue growth initiatives in the provinces of Saskatchewan and Manitoba, which will include but is not limited to vertical markets such as Industrial, Power, and Infrastructure. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Marketing, Sales, and Business Development, with a focus on implementing and executing on strategic business plan objectives, which includes sales strategies and growing Sterling Cranes client base through long term, value add relationships.
- Collaborate with other members of Sterling Business Development team across Canada, and share market insights, knowledge and win strategies while pursuing various business opportunities.
- Developing new client relationships as well as being a key account manager with existing clientele.
- Assist the branch and operations on building both Taxi/Day and capital projects business.
- Developing responses to pre-qualifications and client proposals/ RFP’s as well as assisting in developing pricing and overall estimate strategy for quotes.
- Coordinating client interactions, participating in industry events and conferences as well communicating with all stakeholders on key pursuits.
- Organizing client touchpoints to better understand our client’s key challenges, expectations and how Sterling Crane can provide competitive and innovative solutions.
- Assist the business development team in market research and executing on strategic plans specific to the construction marks in British Columbia.
- Communicate with the senior leadership team of Sterling Crane on bid strategies and provide input on bid or no bid decisions.
- Proving forecasting reports as well sales and pursuits metrics to continually enhance the companies position and market intelligence.
- Providing competitor and market analysis reports
- Developing PRA’s, MSA’s and teaming agreements with key strategic clients and partners.
- Staying ahead of market developments and recommend solutions to improve efficiency, and business processes.
- Guarantee Sterling Cranes code of ethics and policies towards business conducts are carried out at the highest level at all times.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in business administration or technical background is required.
- 5 + years in a Business Development role within the crane or construction market.
- Must be able to travel throughout British Columbia and other provinces as required.
- Location to be determined.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Strong initiative, combined with planning, analytical and decision-making skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with a proven track record of a business development professional.
- Effective written & verbal communication skills along with a willingness to learn and strong attention to detail are required for this role
- Knowledge and understanding of construction markets, commercial models as well as heavy equipment.
- Demonstrated relationship building experience and customer management of key accounts.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Ability to work independently and within a team on company initiatives to drive results.
Following receipt of a conditional offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete additional job-related screening processes as permitted or required by applicable law .