About VoPay International Inc.
VoPay is a leader in payment innovation, digitizing direct bank payments with speed and transparency. The VoPay Platform enhances how businesses initiate and accept financial transactions using a single, open API. At VoPay, we have one goal: to eliminate all payment inefficiencies, so businesses can focus on what they do best in today’s digital economy.
VoPay is currently looking for a credit risk analyst with experience in payments and technology industry, financial services and banking. Our business is growing and we operate in a very agile environment. The ideal candidate has a ‘can do’ attitude and strives toward growth and advancement. Opportunities for successful candidates will include growth opportunities into new regions across Canada and the US.
The scope of the position consists of but is not limited to using your knowledge of credit risk assessment to help inform our credit decisions, build our credit processes, and work with our talented developers to create underwriting models for automated based decision-making. You’ll help with our merchant account credit reviews and create workflows that guide our underwriting team through credit risk mitigation processes in their day-to-day work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and assess new applications.
- Conduct comprehensive risk assessments of high-profile customers, if necessary, based on an internal risk scoring matrix.
- Communicate with the team internally through a variety of channels to collect relevant information.
- Assess applicants background information and current financial situation in order to identify the risk involved.
- Perform other due diligence as needed to determine the credibility of the clients.
- Determine approval or declines of new clients’ applications, whenever a special review is required during onboarding
- Specify any account opening conditions for certain applications to ensure regulations are met.
- Risk management policy review
- Review suspicious account activities, analyze trends and take measures to deter fraud once a merchant account has gone live.
- AML Transactions monitoring, sanctions screening, PEPs screening
- Provide ongoing support to the Product and Operation teams
- Create procedures to review and evaluate new and existing merchant payment processing account
- Perform necessary due diligence to reduce financial, operational and reputation risk
- Ensure Accuracy and completeness of all required merchant account set-up documentation in preparation for the fraud, compliance, and credit risk reviews
- Conducting data review based on compliance requirements to proactively predict required supplemental information
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of relevant business operations, merchant account compliance and underwriting guidelines
Qualifications and skills
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in payments, preferably in the fintech sector and a good understanding of Marketplaces and Platforms onboarding.
- A fundamental understanding of client onboarding and ongoing monitoring, preferably within the payments industry.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to details
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
- Ability to think critically about complex problems, appropriately weigh many factors and reach a definitive conclusion.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you in Vancouver ?
- This position is on-site only, do you agree to commute to the office daily?
Work Location: In person