PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED IN CANADA, the USA, IRELAND or POLAND. WE WELCOME APPLICANTS FROM THESE LOCATIONS.
Our origins date back to 1996. Our heritage is the combination of two of the most respected firms in our industry: Innocap + HedgeMark. We provide Institutional allocators a superior way to structure, access and monitor their alternative investments through our Dedicated Managed Account platform.
We are the leading Dedicated Managed Account Platform in the world with US$56 billion in assets, >275 funds, >US$900B of client assets leveraging our technology. We benefit from solid, committed, and long-term institutional shareholders.
Our values are client centricity, innovation, expertise, governance, transparency, and partnership. We are home to over 375 innovative talents and a robust financial technology operating from seven locations worldwide. We are always looking for energetic, curious, and passionate people to join our global team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Innocap Platform Accounting team is searching for an individual with a broad range of experience in the field of fund taxation of structures domiciled or conducting business in multiple geographical locations. The Tax Fund Accountant will work closely with Innocap’s Global Head of Platform Accounting, the legal team and external taxation experts and counsels on various tax matters throughout the course of the year.
The Tax Fund Accountant is responsible for the following functions:
- Reviewing or drafting tax disclosures and provisions in various legal documents such as Offering Memorandums, Partnership Agreements, Investment Manager Agreements and Sub Advisory Agreement.
- Assessing and providing advice on tax forms, tax elections and other relevant tax considerations for fund structures, and ensuring relevant documentation is in place before fund launch.
- Applying the relevant tax rules that apply to various instrument or securities types traded in various fund structures.
- Interfacing with external tax accountants on tax reclaims and analyzing the impact of potential tax liabilities (ASC 740) to Innocap’s client’s funds and review tax disclosures to fund financial statements.
- Managing filings for Canadian funds at the federal and provincial levels (including but not limited to T5013, T2, T5, T1135 and their provincial equivalents.)
- Project managing year-end tax engagements with external administrator, auditors, external tax accountants and client. Engagements include filing tax extensions for US partnerships, preparation of Form 1065 and investor K1s and FinCen 114/FBAR filings.
- Performing taxation project work to support internal and external needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work experience with fund taxation is required.
- Experience with hedge funds with different investment structures and instrument types.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent research, analytical, and organizational skills to effectively manage projects and make sound and workable recommendations on important issues.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Innocap's Global Privacy Notice.