Private Pension Partners Realty Services (“P3 Realty”) is looking for a BUILDING MANAGER to join our growing team. A Building Manager has the ability to elevate the guest/resident experience while ensuring daily tasks are addressed in an efficient and timely manner. As the Building Manager, you will represent the face of our building as well as P3 Realty and as such will have the ability to present yourself in a professional and positive manner while elevating and fostering tenant experiences and relationships. The successful candidate will have a passion for creating and maintaining excellent relationships with tenants and contractors, while addressing all complaints and concerns quickly, efficiently and in a professional manner. The Building Manager will ultimately report to the Property Manager.
summary of essential job functions
· Ensure the building is safe and secure, is well maintained, visually, mechanically and operationally, and will ensure the day-to-day cleaning tasks have been performed accordingly to ensure the health and comfort of our tenants;
· Provide an exceptional tenant experience from first contact through to move-out while meeting financial targets for a residential rental building;
· Perform leasing related activities, such as answering leasing inquiries via phone and email, showing suites, hosting open houses, processing lease applications, and collecting rent and security deposits;
· Schedule and supervise tenant move in/move out activities, perform regular suite inspections, maintain records of suite repairs, and ensure vacant suites are ready for new tenants;
· Perform light maintenance and building cleaning functions (e.g. vacuuming, mopping, window cleaning, garbage pickup, gardening, snow shoveling, light bulb changes, etc.)
· Report on disputes, requests, acknowledgements, and inquiries on a regular basis to P3;
· Inspect and clean all common building areas and identify areas requiring maintenance (i.e. mechanical, security, garbage/recycling, landscaping, etc.) and communicate your findings to P3 accordingly;
· Complete paperwork and utilize property management software to keep tenant files up to date according to company, and in accordance with the Residential Tenancy Act in a timely and accurate manner; and
· Manage any tenant issues as they arise, including eviction, arbitration, disputes etc.
· 2+ years proven experience in a Resident or Building Manager position;
· Proficient in basic computer literacy. Knowledge of Yardi will be considered a strong asset;
· Ability to create great relationships using strong interpersonal skills, while remaining professional;
· Ability to work effectively in a rapidly growing/changing environment with a high degree of resourcefulness and adaptability;
· Able to work flexible hours, including weekends and on-call for emergencies;
· Communication Skills - Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written with both internal and external stakeholders;
· Relationship Skills –Ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships at all levels of the organization; be a mature and self-motivated team player with good conflict-resolution and people management skills; develop productive relationships with vendors or contractors;
· Organizational Skills – Ability to allocate one’s time effectively and manage tight deadlines; ability to work under pressure and achieve quality results; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, ability to project manage and delegate where applicable; and
· Decision Making Skills – Ability to resolve problems using facts and sound reasoning; ability to achieve goals using a strategic approach; proven innovation with a willingness to manage and adapt to change.
ABOUT PRIVATE PENSION PARTNERS REALTY SERVICES INC.
P3 Realty is a fully integrated real estate services platform offering exceptional operations, property management, and brokerage services. P3 Realty's solutions are action-based and technologically driven with a keen regard for maximizing tenant satisfaction and individual asset performance. P3 Realty’s approach is also bottom-up, not top-down, to ensure total focus on each individual asset and how they fit into the communities they support.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$45,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB R3L 2R4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Resident or Building Manager: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person