Business Development Representative – Laboratory Analytical Services (Cannabis, Life Sciences & Agriculture Devision)
The Business Development Representative for Cannabis, will be part of the Cannabis, Life Sciences & Agriculture department at Actlabs and will have the primary responsibility to participate in client facing activities and direct sales of lab testing services. These activities will focus on cannabis related business that may span hybrid industries that include agriculture and pharma. The goals will be to increase business through new sales and support existing clients. This position can be located anywhere in Ontario with potential significant travel time involved.
- Market and sell Actlabs testing services (cannabis focused) in legal markets across Canada
- Identify potential customers and sales opportunities while developing strategic best practices in response to bids
- Prepare & execute customized proposals that meet client needs and specifications
- Manage all correspondence for project-based clients and assist with the interpretation of clients needs
- Manage client matter/experience and related information for business development purposes
- Keep appraised of new developments in the target industries and update sector knowledge to develop client-centered and innovative business strategies
- Develop strategic marketing plans, tactical marketing materials, and driving complex sale of newly-offered testing services
- Maintain and manage contracts, NDA’s and support documentation as it relates to sales proposals
- Liaise with lab parties on testing issues, execution of services and planning of work
- Help deliver work orders using lab chain of custody and help clients navigate lab services
- Execute and highlight Actlabs services through conference and trade show exhibits, client contacts and third-party networks.
Bachelor’s Degree in Science in a related field, commerce, and/or equivalent technical and business experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in Life Science, Agriculture, Pharma, Chemistry or Food Testing sales is preferred
- Strong understanding of the Cannabis Testing & Regulatory Consulting industry
- Familiarity with ISO17025 and cGMP would be considered an asset
- Established industry contacts is a plus
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, while supporting a collaborative, team-based service
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Actlabs offers a competitive salary and benefits package
- Location is flexible
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal background check. Please note that applicants applying for Canadian job positions must be authorized to work in Canada.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
- We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive workplace environment for all employees. Actlabs is proud to be an equal opportunity work environment.
A global company with a local presence. Actlabs is a Canadian owned company founded in 1987. We are recognized throughout the world as a leader in analytical testing and development services. With over 30 years of experience, our analytical laboratories provide high quality analysis impacting every aspect of our life including: Mining and Mineral Exploration, Agriculture, Cannabis, Environmental, Forensics, Life Sciences, Material Testing, Occupational Health and Petroleum Industries.
We’re investing for the future, implementing innovative strategies to allow us to continually strengthen and lead in the industries that we serve. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who wants to join an established and growing company. At Actlabs, we are committed to rewarding and retaining people who are passionate about making a positive impact in their professional and personal lives.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ontario: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person