WINGS of Providence, a non-profit agency that provides second-stage shelter, affordable housing and wrap around support services for women and children who have experienced family violence, is accepting applications for a temporary Full-time Receptionist.
Shift Work Details:
- Immediate start
- Temporary until Dec. 30, 2023, possibility of extension.
- M-F, 8-4
- Pay $18/hour
- Extreme Southeast location
Requirements of the successful candidate include:
- Min Grade 12 education.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a related field.
- Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written/grammar/spelling, verbal, etc.)
- Ability to identify and refer calls to next level as necessary.
- Proficient Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and general office equipment (copier, fax, phone system, etc.)
- Confidentiality and discretion in the performance of all duties and responsibilities
- Exhibits professional behavior with residents, staff, and community donors that reflect positively on WINGS and is consistent with the organization’s policies and practices
- Demonstrates excellent flexibility and effective communication skills in their interactions with others.
- Motivated to work supervised and independently, proactive, and the ability to multitask
- Good physical health – duties include, organizing/sorting donations of gently used clothing and household items.
- Candidate must be mature, able to receive direction and be self-directed, decisive, and flexible.
- Must be punctual.
- Experience in the non-profit sector and knowledge of family violence are assets
- Criminal Record Check
- Child Welfare Check
- First Aid CPR Level C
Resumes to: [email protected]
No phone calls please
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Reception: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person