Operations Business Analyst, Senior
The Operations Business Analyst, Senior position is responsible for extracting business values and processes to implement high quality, robust, scalable, and cost-effective operations related business systems. The successful candidate will collaborate with the Project manager and coordinate requirements gathering, vendor evaluation, strategic systems planning, process reengineering, design, development, documentation, release management, and business adoption of new methods, processes, or goals.
- Define scope and objectives on business opportunities.
- Prepares functional process charts to analyze business operations.
- Gathers and document business requirements.
- Plans, designs or modifies practical manual and automated business procedures.
- Assists with the design of business process and documentation.
- Prepares detailed specifications for business applications.
- Performs a lead role in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new operations business applications and enhancements to existing business applications.
- Meets with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business standards and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Performs cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Coordinates and perform in-depth tests, for modified and new systems.
- Conducts research on hardware and software products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing.
- Provides orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Meets with clients to discuss topics such as project activities, technical specifications, current business practices, growth plans, regulatory and reporting requirements, and security risks.
- Mentors Junior and Intermediate Business Analysts.
- Post-Secondary Education in Computer Science, Information Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or a related discipline.
- Business Analyst certification or relevant courses are preferred.
- Minimum six years of related work experience in Operations Systems
- Knowledge of operations business applications and ERP systems such as IFS, SAP, JD Edwards and Oracle.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and/or Oracle database.
- Working knowledge of Project Management best practices.
- Able to communicate on a technical and non-technical level depending on the audience.
- Manage large and small projects.
- Work independently and on collaborative teams, as necessary.
- Ability to work extensively with Operations and IT team at various levels of the organization.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting abilities in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Out of the box thinking.
What Linamar Has To Offer
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
- Social committees and sports teams.
- Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Assistance with approved professional designations and fees
- Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities
- Social committees and sports teams
- Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.