We are AMS. AMS is a global total workforce solutions firm founded in 1996. We enable organizations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, reshaping, and optimizing workforces. We do this through talent acquisition and contingent workforce management, internal mobility and skills development, and talent and technology advisory services. Our solutions are delivered by our 4500+ experts who live our passionate, bold, and authentic values. The ultimate aim is to help clients around the world, including 100+ blue-chip companies, create workforces that are fluid, resilient, diverse, and differentiated. We call this true workforce dexterity—and we’re here to help you achieve it.
What you’ll get in return:
Here at AMS, you have the opportunity to work on projects that integrate across our practice areas, supporting and innovating delivery for our clients. You’ll be part of a team with global capabilities and setting a new direction for us in terms of how we creatively solve our clients’ most pressing talent-related challenges. You can innovate, disrupt and influence with organisations that want to transform their operations and win the war for talent.
What we offer:
- Stretching, challenging work and lots of career growth opportunities
- A vibrant, diverse and collaborative culture with wonderful people
- Training and development opportunities Flexible working – home working available
- A competitive rewards and benefits package including an RRSP matching program
- Extra floating holidays and 1 day paid day off per year for volunteering
- Access to the latest technology to support you in your work
- Supportive leadership and opportunities to work with impressive clients in many industries
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A FUTURE OPPORTUNITY
AMS is growing in Toronto! We are seeking to add Talent Acquisition Managers to our pipeline for hybrid positions based in Toronto. If you would like to be considered for future roles and learn why AMS is a great place to work please apply!
As an AMS Talent Acquisition Manager (Manager, Client Services), you will be accountable for managing the end-to-end talent acquisition process as well as developing and delivering agreed recruitment services to a specific business function within a client ensuring all targets are achieved in partnership with the Client Services Management team. Key success attributes include customer focus, solution orientation, agility, and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
You will be responsible for your direct reports; manage roster to ensure existing staff are allocated appropriately and manage the movement and assignments to ensure highest utilization. This is a key role that requires a responsive and strong people manager individual.
- Develop and maintain pro-active and constructive relationships with clients by demonstrating an understanding of the business, the requirements and set expectations accordingly
- Manage senior stakeholders in fast-moving, complex and difficult client environments enhancing AMS’ reputation within the business acting in an advisory capacity
- Partner senior client stakeholders to define resourcing strategies and plans that meet medium to long term client objectives and enable AMS to plan ahead
- Develop accurate hiring forecasts for the Business Unit(s) (BUs) supported and share with relevant AMS individuals
- Develop an effective sourcing and talent community strategy to meet the BU needs, working with the Sourcing Channel Consultant (if present on the account)
- Deploy effective recruitment delivery and attraction strategies, using relevant sourcing channels to reduce time to hire and increase account profitability
- Build effective communication channels between the client hiring managers and the account team strengthening the relationship between AMS and the client
- Understand AMS people are a key market differentiator and genuinely committed to the development of direct reports and the team
- Accurate financial forecasting and a deep understanding of the team productivity to enable resource management
- Manage scope creep and escalate accordingly to the senior manager
- Ensure data accuracy and review and analyse data to drive team performance
- Lead and manage teams, driving the team to ensure that productivity, account profitability and customer satisfaction are priorities at all times
- Manage a team of recruiters to achieve delivery targets and contractual SLAs by providing objectives, direction and continual feedback on progress
- Drive down non-compliance for assigned BU(s), increasing account revenue and profitability
- Work with the senior manager to define the type and level of resources required to effectively achieve delivery and profitability targets
- Deliver continuous improvement projects and client specific projects
- Identify areas of process improvement, service enhancement and opportunities to increase the scope of the service and communicate these appropriately to relevant parties. Support and / or manage the implementation of changes
- Responsible for spotting business development opportunities and engaging with the Senior Manager
- Hold sound knowledge of recruitment model options and design in order to promote the benefits of an outsourced solution to the client
- Custodian of the client’s Employee Value Proposition (EVP) ensuring the entire team are able to convey the proposition in a compelling way enhancing the clients brand presence in the market
- Keep abreast of market intelligence and industry trends (e.g. new technology, recruitment metrics, legislative changes) and use this insight to develop resourcing plans
- Act as a Trusted Advisor to clients and team on resourcing related matters.
- People Management and Development experience is required
- Deep knowledge of at least one market sector including Tech, Banking, Financial Services, Pharma, Biotech or other.
- Experience of presenting to and solving issues for senior clients and gaining their agreement to a course of action
- Ability to liaise with and influence all levels of management to agree a change of direction or new process
- Experience of developing and delivering recruitment strategies and processes to improve outcomes (e.g. decreased time to hire, increased quality of hire)
- Expert in behavioural / competency-based interviewing
- Experience working to and achieving demanding targets, ratios and SLAs and working to tight deadlines in a fast-moving environment
- Experienced at producing business orientated management information and interpreting this to draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Subject matter expertise, knowledge of local recruitment practices along with the ability to use market intelligence and analyse market trends to provide insights to clients
- Experience in the use of recruitment technology and recruitment databases
- Thorough understanding of legislation affecting area of work (e.g. age discrimination, employment risks for contractors) and ability to guide and advise clients on legislation
- Track record of managing complex, high-profile recruitment projects and multiple campaigns
At AMS, different is not just good, it’s valuable. As a global organization, we recognize the value of different perspectives and experiences in prompting innovation, sparking creativity, and solving problems. As an equal employment opportunity organization, we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, Aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, persons with disabilities and all other categories protected by law.