Required Competencies and Qualifications
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a foreman in mechanical construction
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with mechanical room, water treatment and/or district energy piping
- Experience with Blueprint reading and contract specifications
- Possess Class 5 Driver’s License
- Clean Driver's Abstract required
Division 15 Mechanical Ltd. offers its employees:
Competitive wages, plus bonuses
- Signing Bonus
- Referral Bonus
- Loyalty Bonus
- Company Vehicle + gas card
- Parking reimbursement
- Company phone and tablet
A company-paid comprehensive benefits package
- 100% paid by the company
- Health, dental, vision - all inclusive!
RRSP and Deferred Profit-Sharing Plans
A positive work environment that recognizes dedicated team players
- Monthly safety awards
- Employee of the Quarter
- Annual Safety Award
- Milestone gifts
Great Company Culture
- Breakfast meetings
- Bowling & Go-Karting
- Site & office pizza parties
- Annual Christmas Kick-Off Party
- Annual Christmas Party
A safe and healthy work environment
- A dedicated safety department focused on your safety, all day, every day.
- All foremen & lead hands receive First Aid training
- An extensive, COR-Certified Safety Program
- Well above average Safety Culture
- COVID Safety Protocols in place
Continued professional development at all levels
- Safety training - tickets for Telehandler, Forklift, Scissor Lift, Confined Space, and more!
- Gold Seal Certification
- Leadership for Safety Excellence for all Foremen and Lead Hands
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Mechanical Foreman is responsible for managing the field assets of personnel, material and equipment to ensure timely and proper completion of projects. Provides technical assistance to field staff and coordinates project requirements with the Project Manager and Coordinator, the BIM Designer, the Fabrication Shop, and all other team members. Ensures that the company’s goals for service, honesty and reliability are met and exceeded.
- Oversees field personnel and works with the Project Team to manage labour.
- Works with Project Team to order, receive, and manage materials and equipment.
- Manages on site tools and equipment
- Provides technical assistance in relation to pipefitting, and plumbing.
- Reviews and understands all drawings, specifications, and mechanical systems on designated projects.
- Ensures installations comply with applicable codes and regulations.
- Maintain paperwork such as Hazard Assessments, Short Interval Plans, Timesheets, Weekly Labour Reports, Daily Logs, Safety Forms, etc.
- Ensure understanding of, and compliance with, the company Operational Health and Safety Manual.
- Ensure As-Built drawings and Valve Tag schedules are kept up to date.
- Attend design & trade meetings