B2Gold is a low-cost international senior gold producer headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. Founded in 2007, today, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous development and exploration projects in various countries including Canada, Mali, the Philippines, Namibia, Columbia, Finland, and Uzbekistan. This year, B2Gold forecasts gold production to be 1,000,000- 1,080,000 ounces.
Health & Safety Administrator, Nunavut
Reporting to the Superintendent, Health and Safety, this position is a 12month contract. It will be a fly in- fly out 3x3 rotation based in Nunavut, Canada.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of safety incidents, near misses, inspections, and safety training;
- Record, format and standardize, division, department, section and position level hazard identification, assessments and controls;
- Consolidate reports of health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and property damage;
- Track safety training programs for employees and contractors, ensuring that all training requirements are met;
- Manage the administration associated with the employee training matrix;
- Support the investigators of safety incidents and near misses by processing information, and reporting on root cause analysis;
- Assist the Health and Safety Team to promote all safety protocols to ensure compliance; and
- Prepare safety-related information and material to communicate to employees and contractors through various mediums including e-mail, memorandums, handbills, posters, newsflashes and other collateral.
- Three (3) years of experience in an administrative capacity;
- Post-secondary Diploma in Administration preferred; completion of secondary school or equivalent required;
- Strong computer related knowledge with focus on Microsoft Suite (emphasis on programs such as Word, Outlook, and Excel); and
- Demonstrated capability in records management, data archiving and retrieval and electronic filing systems.
For informational purposes, the estimated annual earnings are $104,728.00 for 2184 scheduled hours (combined regular hourly rate of $38 and overtime rate of $57) in a work year.
B2Gold Nunavut offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge, and skills, plus a group benefits package for employees and their dependents.
Kitikmeot Inuit, Nunavut Inuit, and Residents receive priority hiring consideration, if one these categories applies, please state it after the reference number in the subject line. We thank all for their interest but are only considering applicants with working rights in Canada.
B2Gold Nunavut prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives, and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold Nunavut values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
The B2Gold Back River Corp. owned Back River Project is a significant undertaking with contributions from both B2Gold Nunavut and valued Contractors. Although we appreciate your interest in working for B2Gold Nunavut directly; if you are not selected for employment with B2Gold Nunavut or we have no current work available that is suitable for your skill set, B2Gold Nunavut may share your application material with our contractors for positions that they are seeking to fill. If you do not want your resume shared, please indicate so in the subject line of your email and we will retain a copy of your application material for our internal records only.
We will retain application material on file for future vacancies (openings within 6-12 months) for consideration; however, you are encouraged to apply to any opening you may be suited for. If selected to move forward a member of our team will be in touch.
This post will remain open until 12:00AM MST October 2nd, 2023, unless a suitable candidate is not found. We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Nunavut; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.