Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 3000 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Senior Tax Manager in our Domestic Tax team, you'll own client relationships within a wide variety of industries. Working with some of Canada's top gurus in Tax, a career in tax at Grant Thornton means you'll be supported to further your professional career and create your unique career journey.
Joining our robust team of over 400 tax professionals means you’ll collaborate with colleagues across service lines such as Assurance, Advisory, and Specialty Tax, which can broaden your perspective and help you solve client problems, delivering personalized solutions.
As a Senior Tax Manager, you're a trusted advisor to clients, helping them with corporate and personal tax planning and compliance so they can benefit from tax savings. Here's some of what you'll get to do:
• Establish deep trusting relationships with clients as you advise them on complex tax matters
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Senior Tax Manager? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- Advise clients on reorganizations, rollovers, windups, amalgamations, provisions, succession and estate planning, as well as manage T1, T2 and T3 returns
- Coach and mentor a team of colleagues on tax compliance, helping them walk in clients’ shoes by discussing tax planning options
- Impact the financial operation of the practice by developing meaningful relationships with clients from a variety of industries
- Act as a leader in the management of our growing tax practice, identifying and developing new opportunities for additional tax services
- You’ve completed the CICA In-Depth Tax Course, or have a Masters of Taxation degree
- You’ve developed and presented new ideas, approaches, and tax solutions for clients as part of your commitment to providing exceptional client service
- You have a keen interest and skill in going after business development opportunities to grow the tax practice
- You’re considered a technical expert in corporate and personal Canadian tax planning and compliance
- You seek opportunities to support others in their ongoing professional development
Ok, but what’s it really like working in Tax at Grant Thornton?
“The firm supports our people. The flexibility the firm allows is key for me and my personal life. It provides me the balance I need being a father of three young children. Our team support me and together we support our clients.” - Justin W., Senior Tax Manager
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
What's in it for you?
Profit sharing, Flex days, RRSP contributions, Firmwide holiday closure, Wellness benefits, Concierge-like benefits, Work from anywhere in Canada in the summer for 4 weeks, and more!
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple? Apply today!
Not sure? Email me at [email protected] and we’ll have a chat.
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca