Consolidated Fruit Packers
Star Produce Ltd. (The Star Group)
Status: Hourly, Seasonal, Full-time and Part-time
Wage: $21-$25/hr (+ shift premium)
**We offer a Retention Bonus of $2.00/hr worked during our cherry season**
**Referral Bonus of $500 for eligible referrals**
Consolidated Fruit Packers (CFP) has been a leader in the Canadian fresh fruit industry since 1993. Supplying premium Okanagan valley apples, cherries, blueberries, and more to satisfied consumers. With over 60 years of combined experience and the backing of The Star Group, we bring new varieties and fresh approaches to meet the needs of our customers worldwide.
This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic and energetic team player to be a part of a state-of-the-art, fresh fruit company.
Our Osoyoos packing facility receives fruit (including cherries, peaches, and apples) in bulk from Okanagan-based growers and sorts it for quality and size before packaging it for shipment to our domestic and international customers. Safe, efficient, and accurate tagging and stacking of packed product is an important aspect of ensuring the quality of produce for our customers.
- Safe and efficient stacking/palletizing of packed product, using supplies such as strapping, banding clips, tape, and/or corner boards to ensure packed product arrives at the destination in optimum condition
- Accurate tagging of palletized product
- Organize product in coolers and assist in rotation of fruit as required (first-in, first-out) to ensure freshness standards are maintained
- Ensure supplies of stacking materials (including strapping, banding clips, tape, and corner boards) are available in the cooler, as needed
- Maintain a clean, tidy, safe work environment, during and at the end of the shift, using basic cleaning tools such as broom and mops
- Report any quality, maintenance, and safety issues to Manager or Supervisor
- Completion of other responsibilities as assigned
Key Attributes and Skills
- Communication (verbal, written, listening)
- Basic mathematical skills
- Attention to Details
- Quality Orientation
- Safety Awareness
- Problem solving
- Recognize differences or similarities in packed products and stacking materials
Education and Experience
- First Aid training is an asset
- Previous agriculture and/or packing facility experience is an asset
Work is conducted indoors and outdoors at a fruit processing plant environment and a warehouse environment and can be subject to extreme temperature conditions. This position works in a produce cooler, which is maintained at a temperature of 33oF to 56oF (0.5oC to 13.5oC). Thermal personal protective equipment will be provided and must remain on-site. Plant operating hours are dependent on crop, production, and shipping needs, with extended hours and seven-day-a-week operations common during harvest months (i.e., June through October). Position is seasonal, with limited days off and extended hours as necessary during peak months (i.e., June through October).
- Prolonged periods of standing
- Ability to quickly grasp, manipulate, move, and assemble objects
- Frequent lifting, pushing, pulling, and carrying of up to 25 kilograms (50 pounds)
- Frequent walking
How to Apply
Please submit your resume (in PDF Form) in confidence. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Seasonal
Salary: $21.00-$25.00 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person