Working together to be our best!
First National is Canada’s largest non-bank lender, originating and servicing both commercial and residential mortgages since 1988. Over the past thirty years, we have been committed to hiring the best and brightest with over 1,000 proud team members. Through cooperation, ongoing coaching, development opportunities and a culture that celebrates both hard work and teamwork, First National team members are supported to lead, learn and grow.
If you are ready to join First National’s dynamic team, while working hard and having fun doing it, we invite you to apply online and let us know how you can be part of our success story.
We are hiring a Bilingual Customer Relations Agent, Customer Service!
Manager, Customer Service
September 29, 2023
October 16, 2023
Hours of Work:
12pm – 8pm
Hybrid - Montreal Great location! Steps away from the main public transit station
What we offer:
Highly competitive compensation package which includes, base salary, bonus, benefits, and career advancement opportunities!
- Eligibility for benefits is dependent on the terms of employment
The Bilingual Customer Relations Agent is responsible for ensuring all client inquiries and requests are dealt with and processed on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy.
- Answer incoming calls on the customer service queue and make outbound calls when necessary
- Handle between 65 to 75 calls a day
- Identify, solve and/or confirm inquiries and requests received by fax, mail and email
- Follow-up with client to confirm resolution and customer satisfaction
- Coach new Customer Service Representatives by assisting them in learning the department’s policies and procedures through job shadowing
- Provide assistance to the various residential administration departments when required
- Prepare mortgage discharge and assumption statements
- Promote online and phone services
- Ensure client privacy is protected at all times
- Listen to client problems and take the appropriate problem-solving steps
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Manager
- Adhere to policies /procedures to ensure AML requirements are met, when applicable.
This position requires linguistic fluency. Priority will be given to candidates completely fluent in English and French.
The Requirements Needed:
- Post secondary education and/or equivalent work experience preferred
- Mortgage experience an asset
- Competency in MS Office; capacity to learn new technologies/systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, in both English and French
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Excellent telephone manner
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to resolve problems with customers
- Demonstrated team player
- Written and spoken French is required
- Strong written and spoken English is an asset
Why join First National?
- Bright open concept office environment
- Large kitchens with a coffee and latte maker to enjoy at no cost
- Supportive teamwork focused environment
- Collaborative entrepreneurial spirit
- Opportunities to give back to the communities and work through events focused on a variety of charities
- Ongoing social events throughout the year
- Extensive training programs to set our employees up for success
First National is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
First National supports requests for accommodation from applicants with disabilities; please contact Human Resources at [email protected]
We would like to thank all applications for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.