Servers/Bartenders are expected to:
- Greet customers, and maintain a friendly demeanor throughout their experience.
- Accurately take food and beverage orders, correctly using the ordering system.
- Take special note of food allergies or preferences, and be able to communicate that clearly to kitchen staff.
- Understand and communicate what’s on the menu, answering questions customers might have, and making recommendations on menu selections to customers if necessary.
- Accurately deliver food to customers, making sure that what comes out of the kitchen is correct and appealing before taking it to the table.
- Periodically check in with customers to make sure everything is going well with their meal, being attentive, and responding to additional requests as needed.
- Respond quickly to issues customers have, getting management involved if necessary.
- Collect payment from customers accurately and honestly.
- Keep serving stations stocked with ice, soda, etc., as well as keeping their section clean and prepared for new guests.
- Know and follow applicable food service safety regulations and best practices
- Be willing to work flexible hours that may include weekends and holidays.
Servers need to be able to:
- Communicate well with coworkers and customers, and maintain personable and professional communication at all times. This includes being able to listen and collaborate where applicable.
- Be punctual and reliable, showing up for their shifts as scheduled.
- Maintain a positive attitude, even under pressure. Patience with customers and coworkers is a must, particularly during busy rushes.
- Handle tasks unsupervised, including being able to spot tasks that need to be done (even though they might not have been assigned by managers).
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Salary: $16.75 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person