The Journeyman Electrician supports AKA’s Construction and Maintenance team with the installation of Solar projects, Modular Power Substation Projects and AKA property maintenance. They will be responsible for leading a team through all stages of a project.
- Plan, lay-out, assemble, install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in buildings and other structures.
- Strong familiarity with the electrical code and best practices. You will be accountable for the accuracy and quality of your work.
- Work with the installation team, the local utility companies and inspectors to ensure that the installation meets or exceeds all standards and expectations.
- Installing and terminating conduit wire, cable, equipment, panels, sensors and various control components and monitoring devices.
- Activate, test and troubleshoot systems to ensure optimal operation and performance.
- Provide input into system design, installation and coordination, and take part of the initial handover team to plan the job from the onset.
Education & Experience
- Journeyman Electrician 1 year (preferred)
- Drivers License (required)
Knowledge and skills
- Ability to work in a manner that minimizes waste, ensures adequate inventory of consumables available on hand to complete the work and keep said materials and equipment organized and in good repair.
- Ability to work avoid unsightly, hazardous and unreliable wiring not in compliance with specifications and electrical codes.
- Strong problem solving and time management skills are a must.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50+ lbs and work at heights.
- Ability to read technical manuals, blueprints, and schematics.
- Ability to work in a team.
- A willingness to learn and work overtime when required.
- Listens/pays attention actively and objectively.
- Presents information and facts in a logical manner, using appropriate phrasing and vocabulary.
- Shares information willingly and on a timely basis.
- Communicates honestly, respectfully and sensitively
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Journeyman Electrician: 1 year (preferred)
- Drivers Licence (required)
Work Location: In person