Job Type: Full time / Permanent
Location: St. Hubert, QC
Would you like to be a part of a revolution in agriculture in Canada? If so, we would love to hear from you!
At GoodLeaf Farms we are a proud Canadian company at the forefront of innovation, striving to grow food security for communities from coast to coast. We are breaking ground in an industry that is quickly proving itself to be sustainable, not only environmentally but economically and socially as well. We are focused on producing ultra-fresh greens, 365 days a year using no harsh chemicals, a carbon footprint that is just half that of a traditional farm and using less than 10% of the water traditionally used, to create a world where plants thrive!
Why work at GoodLeaf Farms?
It is our commitment to provide you with the work environment and tools necessary to be successful in your role. We hope that you will find your work here rewarding, challenging, and meaningful.
- You will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level. GoodLeaf is growing and we want you to grow along with us!
- We have an entrepreneurial and inclusive spirit with the heart of a start-up.
- We foster an environment of cooperation and communication.
- We have competitive compensation and benefits
Every day at GoodLeaf Farms we get to help solve the challenge of food security for communities across Canada and do it in innovative ways that inspire healthy lifestyles. We think that’s exciting and the best reason of all to join us!
What we are looking for
The Maintenance Manager is a key leader that will be responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the facility's production equipment, maintenance programs, and building facilities, as well as overseeing a team of maintenance technicians. This role also involves leading continuous improvement projects and implementing lean manufacturing principles to increase efficiency and reduce waste.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance programs to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the facility's production equipment and building facilities.
- Manage the maintenance budget, including tracking expenses and implementing cost-saving measures.
- Oversee a team of maintenance technicians, providing guidance and support as needed.
- Ensure that all maintenance work is completed in compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Develop and implement training programs for maintenance technicians to ensure that they have the necessary skills to perform their job duties effectively.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that production schedules are met, and that any maintenance work is scheduled in a way that minimizes downtime.
- Lead continuous improvement projects, identifying areas for improvement within the maintenance program and implementing changes to increase efficiency on the production floor and reduce waste.
- Implement lean manufacturing principles throughout the maintenance program and production floor, including visual management, standardized work, and continuous flow.
- Evaluate the performance of the maintenance team and implement performance improvement initiatives as needed.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment, ensuring that all safety regulations are followed.
- Oversee the maintenance of the building facilities, including HVAC systems, plumbing, and electrical systems, to ensure that they are functioning properly.
- Stay current on industry trends and best practices and implement improvements to the maintenance program as needed.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- Trade certification (Electro-mechanical, Electrical, Millwright) or Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a maintenance management role, preferably in a food production facility.
- Fluency in both French and English
- Strong knowledge of maintenance best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Experience leading continuous improvement projects and implementing lean manufacturing principles.
- Lean Six Sigma certification (yellow belt, green belt, or black belt) is a strong asset.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with maintenance management software.
GoodLeaf Farms is a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination employer.
GoodLeaf Farms is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at GoodLeaf Farms are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Longueuil, QC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- mise en service: 5 years (required)
- Directeur de la maintenance: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person