Crowe MacKay LLP is a vibrant team of Chartered Professional Accountants with eight markets across Northern and Western Canada. We believe strong relationships are the cornerstone to success and strive to create innovative solutions for our clients. Crowe MacKay LLP is built on a foundation of diverse talent, delivering expert advice across a spectrum of industries and organizations.
Crowe MacKay LLP is excited to grow our team and is currently searching for a Senior Tax Manager – with experience in mining/extractive opportunity in Vancouver. Our firm is redefining what is means to work in the accounting industry. If you want flexibility, the opportunity to steer your own career, and to feel supported by your workplace community, join our Vancouver office. The successful candidate will report to the Tax partners and will be a career-focused individual that is excited to join a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial firm.
- Offer tax compliance and planning services to a variety of clients including corporations, partnerships, and trusts.
- Manage and review tax files and engagements independently and effectively.
- Research tax issues and prepare internal and external memorandums.
- Liaise with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals.
- Lead complex engagements, manage the business relationship with a focus on high-value, provide quality tax advice, and seek to expand services to client.
- Recognize client issues and risk tolerance and provide appropriate firm services.
- Demonstrate understanding of client’s industry, marketplace, business trends and technical and industry developments, key performance drivers, and proven ability to communicate such to the client.
- Identify and resolve accounting and tax issues.
- Successfully delegate to all levels of staff.
- Provide guidance and training for staff members to enhance their career development within the firm.
- Foster positive working relationships with client personnel, co-workers.
- Responsible for managing client relationships, winning new work, and managing the quality of work completed.
- Mentor and coach other managers and junior staff.
What You Will Bring
- CPA designation.
- Completed or almost completed the In-Depth Tax Course.
- Minimum of 5+ years of Public Practice experience in the tax specialty, preference will be given to candidates with experience in mining/extractive sectors.
- Excellent project management, time management, and leadership skills.
- An innovative thinker, comfortable in a team and client-focused environment.
- Self-starter, able to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal, technical, and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail.
- Problem solver with solid analytical skills.
- Experience in CaseWare / Caseview and TaxPrep considered an asset.
- Experience in a paperless environment considered an asset.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid vacation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Help in developing your personal brand and practice
- Continuous hands-on mentoring
- A flexible & positive work environment
- Paid volunteer programs and volunteer opportunities
- We thank all applicants who apply; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Crowe MacKay LLP Canada, we are dedicated to creating a diverse environment. We foster a barrier free work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can be themselves. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, for example as a result of a disability, please contact us at [email protected].
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome your application. All employment decisions, including hiring, training, promotional practices and policies, will be made regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, ancestry, citizenship, physical ability, ethnic origin, family status, marital status, place of origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights legislation.