Mayk Ideas is a marketing and growth advisory consultancy, providing firm, brand and talent strategies and execution capabilities that impact revenue, brand visibility and equity, talent perception, M&A, and succession. We serve challenger brands and industries ranging from financial and professional services, technology, and impact sectors.
What you bring
Experience as Manager of Recruitment who has been responsible for developing and overseeing an efficient and effective full-cycle recruitment process that meets organizational needs and ensures that the organization has the talent it needs to succeed. You are adept at working with a range of stakeholders, from hiring managers to executive leadership, and have excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills. You should have a deep understanding of the recruitment process and relevant laws and regulations.
What you’ll do
Develop attraction strategies: Develop and implement recruitment strategies that meet hiring needs including developing role descriptions, identifying recruitment sources, and creating and implementing recruitment marketing campaigns.
Manage the attraction process: Manage the end-to-end attraction process, including posting role ads, screening resumes, scheduling and conducting interviews, and making role offers.
Build relationships: Collaborate with hiring managers to understand their hiring needs and ensure that recruitment efforts are aligned with the needs of the business unit and organization.
Policies and Procedures: Develop and implement recruitment policies and procedures, such as background check policies, job offer policies, and recruitment compliance policies.
Ensurecompliance: Make certain that laws and regulations, such as equal employment opportunity and accessibility laws, labor laws, and data privacy lawsare adhered to.
Analytics: Analyzing recruitment data to identifytrends, evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment efforts, and make recommendations for improvement.
What you’ve got
- Bachelor’s Degree or a Post-Graduate Certificate in Human Resources, Business or a related field required.
- 3+ years’ experience in an HR and/or Talent Acquisition Specialist; or HR Business Partner or similar role
- Experience with talent initiatives in a professional services environment; particular emphasis on attraction of A Players who are passionate about Microsoft, IT Services, Development, accounting, investmentand marketing
- Resourceful and self-motivated with ability to work in changing environment
- Sourcing afficionado with new and old tools alike
- Experience onboarding and assessing training needs
- Applied knowledge of local labor laws and statutes for employment across Canada provinces with thorough understanding and hands-on application of internal and external HR principles, practicesand standards
- CHRP Designation or working towards it (or equivalent)
- Engaged learner, who keeps abreast of HR trends and best practices
- Excellent organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Let’s Get this Started!
Please submit a cover letter, copy of your resume and/or a short video pitch. The link to your video (approx. 1-5 min) should be included in your resume or cover letter.
Why are you the right person for the role? In cover letter and/or video this is what we are expecting:
- Two or threesentence summaryabout your academic and/or professional background.
- Specific accomplishments from your background that explains how you fit with our candidate description above.
- Tell us about a special project you worked on and what your biggest accomplishment was.
Please remember to submit your resume, link to your video pitch and include answers to the questions above. There is no word limit for your letter, but we would prefer that you limit your answers to one page.
We look forward to meeting you!
We are dedicated to promoting accessibility and inclusivity in our organization. We comply withthe Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and strive to create a barrier-free and inclusive environment. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals as we believe in harnessing diverse talents to drive our collective success.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kitchener-Waterloo, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person