- 3+ years of engineering team management experience
- 7+ years of working directly within engineering teams experience
- 3+ years of designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- 8+ years of leading the definition and development of multi tier web services experience
- Knowledge of engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification, and livesite operations
- Experience partnering with product or program management teams
Amazon Recruiting Technologies (RXT), we are customer obsessed and think big. On our journey to lead the recruiting industry, we build new ways for modelling the Amazon Recruiting Experience. As part of the Amazon HR organization, we directly influence the future growth of Amazon.
We are looking for a leader that can prioritize well, communicate clearly and is proud of the technical solutions you have and will deliver. This position is right for you if you are passionate about solving the toughest software challenges on behalf of our customers and users. To be successful on this journey, you will love having high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and always look for opportunities to make our services better. You are deeply customer focused: understand multiple customers’ challenges and are constantly looking for ways to pursue them. You have excellent communication skills, and enjoy working in an exciting, creative, passionate and collaborative team environment.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Vancouver, BC, CAN
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior leadership to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, mentoring/coaching and managing teams of Software Engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.