Role - Shipping & Receiving Supervisor
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Shipping & Receiving Supervisor is responsible for organizing products for deliveries to customers/depots, inventory management, and overseeing the organization of the yard and warehouse department by training and mentoring the yard and warehouse associates. This position requires an individual who can multitask and motivate a team.
Hourly rate: 32 - 35 CAD - eligible for overtime
- Year-round, full time permanent work
- Paid overtime
- Medical and dental benefits
- Competitive wages
- Safety boot allowance
- Bonus programs
- Staff social events
- Job is located at one location.
- Tools, PPE and safety training needed for the job
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Shipping & Receiving Management & Supervision
- Ensure all outgoing shipments are accurate.
- Enter, investigate, and track quality and safety issues to closure.
- Ensure paperwork is maintained according to safety and quality standards.
- Manage cycle count program.
- Weekly and monthly reporting to the Production Manager.
- Inventory control review and investigation for discrepancies.
- Maintain inventory stock levels for consumables products.
People Management & Supervision
- Manages the yard & warehouse personnel to ensure customer orders and all corresponding paperwork are completed in accordance with the shipping schedule
- Assign workload to meet production demands by planning daily and weekly work schedules
- Manages plant priorities and performance measures. Provides regular progress to manager
- Ensures effective employee relations by providing employee coaching and development. Manages employee issues through conflict resolution with direct reports and notify management of problems or potential problems with employees
- Creates a culture of accountable performance through collaboration in a fun and safe environment
- Lead and communicate important information and regular updates to department team at daily DMP meetings, town hall meetings and one on one follow up
- Conducts weekly meeting with direct reports to go over goals and areas of focus based on production demands, KPI’s and organizational needs
- Participate in the interviewing and hiring process of potential employees as required.
- Oversee the training of job functions and procedures for new and existing personnel within assigned department
- Make recommendations, support, and participate in employee performance evaluations, disciplinary action and termination decisions with the Plant/Production Manager and the HR Department
- Approve/process employee change through SuccessFactors and Dayforce as needed
- Issue disciplinary notices to employees who fail to meet Company policy guidelines and/or performance and safety standards
- Complete and deliver performance evaluations and provide input regarding compensation
- Preparing and submit justification for employee promotions
- Verify and review employee timecards for accuracy on a daily basis and submit to personnel
- 3-5 years yard and/or warehouse operations experience.
- 1-3 years supervisor experience, including proven ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Minimum High School education
- Valid drivers license.
- Forklift license.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to solve problems and think logically.
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities.
- Moderate to advanced computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office Suit.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet physical requirements including lifting up to 20-50 lbs., bending, crouching, kneeling, and standing for extended periods of time.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All recruiting activities are managed via our applicant tracking system. Please apply online to be considered for this opportunity.