Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
At Cassels, our mission is to attract, retain and promote individuals of exceptional ability and talent from as broad a range of backgrounds as possible. We offer meaningful career opportunities, invest in professional growth, and foster an inclusive environment. Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
Our Toronto office is currently recruiting for a Legal Assistant – Document Specialists to work evenings in the Document Production Department. This role requires a candidate who has excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to take initiative, and work with minimal supervision as well as work as part of a team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Drafting and preparing correspondence for professionals using precedents.
- Correcting/Formatting corrupted documents
- Troubleshooting technical issues with documents.
- Revising documents as per professionals' mark-ups.
- Applying proofreading and editing skills to documents and correspondence.
- Converting documents from various versions to Word using styles and cross-references.
- Scanning closing book documents to PDF and creating electronic version.
- Printing and sorting documents.
- Transcribing documents including letters, memos, and correspondence or copy-typing handwritten notes.
- Providing support to lawyers, articling students, law clerks and staff as required and requested.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- College Diploma in Legal Administration.
- A minimum of 5 years as a legal assistant/document specialist in a similar environment.
- Proficient in MS Office 2007.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Visio, Kofax, Adobe Professional, iPro Eclipse, Internet applications and digital dictation software.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills as well as above average attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, be flexible and adapt to changing situations easily.
- Ability to work well with all types of personalities and levels of responsibility.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and exhibit sound judgment.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and very customer-service oriented.
- Ability to take initiative, work with minimal supervision as well as work as part of a team.
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time - Fully Remote
Monday – Friday - Evenings: 2pm onwards (7 hours shifts, 1 hour break) – Flexible
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation + Extended Health & Dental Care
- RRSP Matching Program
- Education/tuition allowance
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Diversity and Inclusion Centric Culture
- A Culture of Wellness: Cassels recognizes the importance of wellness and provides a comprehensive program that addresses the mental and physical well-being of our employees by providing resources, services, training and support on an ongoing basis.
- A fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, plus coffee, tea, and drinks throughout the year.
- A business casual dress code (client/day specific)
- Employee referral bonus.
- A hybrid work environment
Cassels is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and an accessible environment. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will provide appropriate accommodation for candidates with disabilities or accessibility needs throughout the recruitment process, upon request. Please contact our recruiter for any questions, accommodations or specific requests. .
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status, unless required for accommodation purposes.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Flexible schedule
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Legal Assistant: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: Remote