You are a part of the Pearle Hospitality family.
Pearle Hospitality’s mission and focus is to enrich each moment through genuine and thoughtful actions. Each of Pearle Hospitality’s dining establishments, event venues, hotel and spas, and affiliated businesses are focused on providing guests and customers a setting in which to appreciate and enjoy the good things in life with good people.
Our guests and customers have a trust in the experience they are about to enjoy. They trust that any event hosted at one of our properties, stays in our hotels or experiences at our spas will be a memorable experience for all involved. This idea has been reinforced through years of dedication to providing those people with soulful and delicious food, impeccably maintained historical buildings and bright, hardworking, and enthusiastic team members.
With a focus on local and in-season ingredients, the food prepared is rooted in family recipes passed down over generations, artisan products and a deep-rooted respect for culinary traditions are the base of our food philosophy and dedication to creating delicious food.
As a part of the Sales Team, the person in the Special Event Consultant role is able to maintain client relationships and provide the superior service Pearle Hospitality is known for. The Consultant is someone who can foster trust with clients while delivering that incredible client experience. Guest-focused, and with an eye for details, Consultants work tirelessly to not only foster those event sales, but also promote return business with flawless event execution.
What makes you perfect for this position:
- Smart Serve Certificate
- Post-secondary education in Events/Events Management considered an asset.
- Previous experience in Hospitality and/or Event Planning considered an asset.
- Knowledge: Working knowledge of Opera, Mircos, OpenTable, Microsoft Office Suite, and experience with multi-line phone systems considered an asset.
- Sales: Ability to meet and exceed individual sales targets and contribute to the Team’s profitability goals while holding self and others accountable for achieving results. Maximize revenues by up-selling contracted products and identifying additional revenue opportunities based on the event profile and guest budget.
- Communication: Coordinate with clients event details, ensuring to accurately capture all desired event items within desired budget. Accept feedback from clients and relay that information to appropriate persons/departments for further development and improvement.
- Budgeting: Participate in the budgeting process to establish goals with sales department. Able to identify challenging areas and develop creative solutions for clients.
- Organization: Effectively and accurately maintain client files and event details, paying particular attention to confidentiality and protection of clients’ personal information.
- Adaptability: Ability to remain poised and professional in a fast-paced environment and positively interact with a variety of diverse guests and team members. Display ability to adapt style based on guest tone, personality, budget, culture, etc. to achieve first appointment success.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet with clients and guests to determine and develop an event that will meet and exceed expectations based on budget given, size of event, tone, desired outcomes, etc.
- Conduct first visit appointments with potential clients and prepare appropriate sales strategy for each first appointment.
- Follow up with clients post-event to receive feedback and communicate response to appropriate departments.
- Respond to guest concerns and handle complaints to ensure positive guest recovery.
- Seek creative ways to improve service levels within all aspects of the positions.
- Accept and perform additional tasks as required for optimal performance of the restaurant.
- Actively represent and promote Pearle Hospitality’s core values within the workplace.
- Act as an ambassador of The Pearle Hotel & Spa and Pearle Hospitality.
- Follow company policies and procedures as defined and outlined by Pearle Hospitality.
- Follow all Health and Safety standards to ensure a safe work environment for all guests and team members.
- Adhere to all cleanliness and sanitization practices.
- Maintain professional appearance and act with integrity and honesty.
Advantages to being part of the Pearle Hospitality team:
- Competitive wages
- Discounts at all Pearle Hospitality properties (restaurants, hotels and spas)
- Training and Development to support personal & professional growth
- Career opportunities across all Pearle Hospitality properties
- A fun place to work with an amazing team & company culture!
Pearle Hospitality and affiliated companies, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the hiring manager.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $55,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Event Sales: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person