Why work for Lafarge?:
As the global leader in innovative and sustainable building materials, we’re committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world. At Lafarge Canada Inc., safety comes first, collaboration matters and diversity is celebrated with people who share our desire to continually make our materials better.
Do you have the drive, the skills, and the passion to join us?
Overview:Reporting to the Greater Vancouver Area (GVA) General Manager East, the Readymix (RMX) Fleet Maintenance Manager role is primarily focused on the maintenance and management of over 140 Transit Mixer Trucks across 9 plants and 3 maintenance shops. This role requires leadership and direct management of a GVA Fleet Supervisor, and Equipment Maintenance Coordinator, along with indirect management of unionized fleet mechanic personnel across GVA.
Additionally, this role is responsible for managing the maintenance and availability of mobile equipment such as, but not limited to Front End Loaders, Telehandlers, Aerial Lifts and Skidsteers. This roles also assumes responsibility over the associated electronic fleet systems such as GPS, SmartDrive In Vehicle Management Systems (IVMS), Cameras, and associated technology.
- Promotes a positive safety culture through leadership by example; performs all work activities following all relevant safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance of process and fleet with BC and National Safety Code
- Ensure compliance with all Preventative Maintenance (PM) requirements, as well as CVIP and MOT requirements
- Ensure scheduled service intervals are met in an efficient manner
- Ensure fleet availability targets related to truck uptime are met or exceeded
- Manage maintenance team and activities to ensure efficient use of resources whilst minimizing maintenance costs
- Forecast maintenance spend, track spend, and analyze historical spend to ensure improvement opportunities are pursued on an individual truck and fleet level.
- Manage external maintenance vendors to ensure service level agreements are achieved
- Monitor and control inventory and maintenance of equipment in Workshop locations
- Have oversight on schedule and assignment of work to mechanics and external vendors via Fleet Supervisor
- Ensure Pre-Trip condition reports and/or maintenance requests are correctly prioritization and work orders are created
- Approves Purchase orders after researching best prices on parts or repairs from external vendors
- Basic Troubleshooting of fleet support systems such as GPS and cameras, and management of any required maintenance or upgrades.
- Identifies, investigates, and justifies key capital proposals relating to RMX fleet to enhance operational safety, quality, productivity, and cost reduction.
- Provide oversight to ensure minor capital improvement / maintenance projects are executed in line with plan.
- Participates in developing and implementing standardization, and continuous improvement processes & strategies for Fleet Maintenance.
- Participates in the Development of the Maintenance and Fleet Budget. Monitors, Analyzes, and Explains budget variances.
- Collaboratively partakes in the recruitment, selection, performance management, training and development, and discipline of all direct reports.
- Manages Mobile Equipment procurement, allocation, and maintenance
- Actively supports Labour Relation initiatives to improve financial results and foster an enhancement in employee engagement.
Results / Accountabilities
- Safe work environment meeting or exceeding annual targets
- Reduce maintenance costs and maintain efficiency through continuous improvement focus
- 90% Fleet availability achieved
- Adherence to all internal control requirements
- Supports driver management & collective agreement negotiations
- Sets and monitors Maintenance & availability related Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Dimensions / Relationships with Others’ Jobs
- Interfaces closely with both General Managers of GVA Ready Mix regions, Plant Managers, Operations Manager, Customer Care Manager and their teams (including drivers).
- Directly reports to General Manager, GVA Ready Mix East
- Transit Mixer Fleet: 140
- Mobile Equipment: 22 (Loaders, Fork Lifts, Telehandlers, Skid Steer, Scissor Lift, Aerial Lifts)
- Provides management of Fleet Maintenance Supervisor and salaried Equipment Maintenance Coordinator. Indirect supervision for 8 unionized mechanics and potential non-union hourly employees.
Qualifications:Education and Work Experience
- Degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Background in field or shop maintenance operations
- Supervision experience in a unionized environment
- Mechanical & Preventative Maintenance knowledge
- Ready Mix Fleet knowledge & optimisation experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven leadership ability
- Highly motivated, able to quickly build and maintain positive working relationships
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Solid Teamwork and interpersonal skills, including negotiations and conflict resolution skills
- Strong leadership, development and team building skills to provide direction and manage team
- Ability to maintain composure in dealing with difficult situations; demonstrates positive customer service attitude
- Developing Direct Reports & Others
- Managing & Measuring Work
- Motivating Others
- Drive for Results
- Conflict Management
As part of our dedicated focus on the health and safety of all employees, a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing and a criminal record check, may be required.
LafargeHolcim:As we are reinventing the way the world builds, we need world-class talent to join our Lafarge Canada team: people who are passionate, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
Whatever you do, you will make a difference here. Because we know that your passion and curiosity are the natural resources the world needs.
Check out our YouTube channel to learn more about our operations and see all career opportunities at www.lafarge.ca/careers.
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Location: 2095 Commissioner St., Vancouver, BC
Location: 2095 Commissioner St., Vancouver, BC
Job Type: Full-time