THIS IS NOT A REMOTE ROLE - POSITION LOCATED IN MACKENZIE, BC
Building a premier next generation forest company.
Conifex Inc. — through astute strategic acquisitions and strong leadership is emerging as a major player in the forestry, sawmilling, and biomass power industry. We value our people and take pride in our successes. Operationally, our approach is to blend technology with the expertise of committed, creative, excellence-oriented people.
CONSIDER THE LIFESTYLE
Mackenzie British Columbia offers a warm and welcoming Northern community with outstanding four season outdoor recreational activities, including fishing, hunting, an extensive all season trail systems, nearby ski hill, and recreational centre with pool and arena. A safe and secure family focused community, with excellent home affordability, modern schools, activity centers, and health facilities on your doorstep.
We are seeking a highly motivated Maintenance Leader to join our team at the Conifex Sawmill operation. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in maintenance planning and scheduling, with excellent organizational and communication skills.
You will play a key role in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the sawmill's machinery and equipment. You will be responsible for coordinating maintenance work requests, creating and maintaining work orders in the computerized maintenance management system, and assigning work orders to maintenance technicians. You will also manage the maintenance parts inventory, monitor the progress of maintenance work, and provide regular reports to management on maintenance performance metrics.
If you are a proactive individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for maximizing equipment reliability and uptime and minimizing maintenance costs, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Provide leadership, support, and direction to direct reports as well as the implementation and management of the divisional safety program including incident investigation and reporting
- Ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations, including the development and implementation of safety programs and procedures
- Provide leadership and support in implementing corrective measures to overcome equipment problems
- Support a maintenance management system meeting the organizations requirements for quality work management, cost control, inventory management and information exchange
- Lead a team of maintenance technicians to ensure safe and efficient operation of the sawmill machinery and equipment
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures, schedules, and preventive maintenance programs to reduce downtime and increase equipment reliability
- Monitor and analyze equipment performance metrics and implement corrective actions to improve reliability and performance
- Develop and maintain relationships with equipment vendors, suppliers, and contractors to ensure timely and cost-effective repair and maintenance services
- Develop and maintain a maintenance schedule using computerized maintenance management software (CMMS) and ensure it is communicated to maintenance technicians and operations personnel
- Order and manage parts inventory to ensure timely availability of critical parts and minimize equipment downtime
- Develop and maintain procedures for equipment maintenance and repair, including documentation of work performed, parts used, and equipment downtime
- Participate in the development and implementation of the preventive maintenance program to maximize equipment reliability and minimize maintenance costs
- Schedule and coordinate maintenance work with maintenance technicians and operations personnel to ensure minimal disruption to sawmill operations
- Update the maintenance schedule in the CMMS as work is completed and equipment status changes
- Review equipment performance data and recommend changes to the maintenance schedule to optimize equipment uptime and reduce maintenance costs
- Communicate with maintenance supervisors, planners, and technicians to ensure that all work is completed on time and to the required quality standards
- Act as the primary point of contact for maintenance work requests from operations personnel
- Assign work orders to maintenance technicians and ensure that they are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Monitor the progress of maintenance work and ensure that work orders are closed out when work is completed
- Ensure that maintenance records are accurate and up to date, including maintenance history, equipment data, and inventory levels
- Manage the maintenance parts inventory and ensure that parts are available when needed
- Inspects facilities for deficiencies and prepares reports and work orders
- File Management (Maintenance & appropriate communication of equipment records, Synergen, Time and Attendance, W.O. Safety Tracking System, etc. and any other programs used by the Company.
- Administer Company, Government, & other regulated bodies, policies and practices including the Collective Agreement identifying actions required to achieve compliance
- Red Seal Millwright Certification with no less than five years experience as a Maintenance Supervisor, Planner or Coordinator
- Proven ability in safety management, leadership, and team development
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and team building skills
- Strong understanding of a well functioning maintenance system and work flow process
- Strong understanding of sawmill and planer processes, including equipment operation and maintenance.
- Solid knowledge of performance management and continuous improvement processes
- Good understanding and knowledge of optimization equipment and processes
- Strong business acumen
- Strong organizational skills with the desire to accept the challenge of working in a continually changing business environment
- An effective communicator, with strong verbal, written and presentation skills
Here’s What We Offer:
- Excellent financial compensation and health benefit package, including an annual health spending allowance.
- A wide range of career and professional development and training opportunities.
- Flexible work hours.
- A future which is supported by a robust timber supply.
- The chance to live and work in an active and growing community offering the best aspects of small town life with a wide range of amenities, including superb outdoor recreational opportunities of all types, a recreational center (pool and arena), extensive all season trail systems, golf course, hospital, and nearby ski hill (Powder King); all within a 2 hour drive of the city of Prince George, the University of Northern BC, and an international airport.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: On the road