Dedicated to sustainable development, Arup is a collective of designers, advisors and experts working globally. Founded to be humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination, technology, and rigor to shape a better world.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Lead rail systems design, operations and maintenance planning and analysis
- Mentor staff to develop future leaders, staff skills, promote learning from success and challenges within the O&M team members
- Build relationships with current and future key clients and partners and fostering long team relationships
- Proactively engaging with clients and contactors to prepare high quality, technically efficient and lost cost project solutions
- Develop and support active projects
- Presenting technical material in traditional and innovative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences, technical presentation skills
- Provide review, guidance, and technical feedback to the junior staff
- Conducts research and data gathering as required for Technical Advisory work.
- Develop the technical, commercial, and soft skills of rail systems members.
- Recruiting of new staff to meet the demands of the business.
- Contribute to business development activities including positioning and authoring proposals,
- Be a strong ambassador of Arup culture and values
- Demonstrate experience with operation and maintenance planning and analysis.
- Support and lead effort in requirement management and requirements database work and maintenance in area of responsibilities for the project
- Provide guidance to fleet sizing, run time calculations, dwell time calculation, operational planning, and schedule planning
- Fostering a culture and executing processes that achieve quality outcomes
- Review and communicate requirements for the project and support requirements management activities through all stages of the project.in line with INCOSE guidance
- Guidance and oversight to development of Requirements Traceability Matrix in discipline of responsibility using Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements Systems New Generations (DOORS NG)
- Support proposals activities in area of Operation and Maintenance
- Participating on multiple projects throughout their lifecycles, from market engagement, solution preparation, project execution and delivery, to project closeout
- Understanding trends and best practices in rail engineering market
- Participating in local Professional Associations
- Demonstrated 10+ professional experience Rail & Transit Operation & Maintenance
- Sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals related to rail transportation.
- Desirable familiarity with rail operations modelling and digital tools and data analysis.
- The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
- Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role.
- Master’s degree in engineering (Electrical, Civil, Mechanical, Electronic, Information systems or similar)
- Registration with PEO
- Coursework in transportation design
- Knowledge of applicable codes such as AREMA, Agency Design Standards, NEC/NFPA, ISO-IEC-IEEE applicable standards for rail systems design and related specifications
- Understanding of requirements management tools such as IBM DOORS or Perforce Helix
- Comprehension of the Systems Engineering “V” Life Cycle Process
- Fluency in 3D CAD software such as MicroStation and AutoCAD software to lay out right-of-way, rail alignments, drainage systems, roadway design, sidewalks and pedestrian accommodation, utility systems, and grading designs.
- Familiarity with civil engineering design and analysis tools for rail, roads, and/or water systems
- Proficiency in data processing and analysis using tools such as Excel, VBA, Python, or other applicable tools.
Office Location: Toronto, Montreal or Calgary office
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day.
- Finch West LRT, Metrolinx, Toronto, Canada
- Eglinton Crosstown West Extension LRT, Metrolinx Toronto, Canada
- OnCorr project, Metrolinx, Toronto, Canada
- Second Avenue Subway
- Fulton Street Transit Center
- Texas High Speed Rail
- MTA Enhanced Stations Initiative
- LIRR Expansion Program
Benefits that Work - At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families while keeping costs low. These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal. Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our 401(k) plan with up to 10% company match to help you save for your future.
Flexible Working - We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options for alternative schedules and the ability to work outside of the office for a portion of your workweek are available.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, spouse of protected veteran, or disability.