Are you someone who enjoys working with your hands, strives for excellence and quality, and has a keen eye for details? If you are good on the tools, have a great attitude, and are someone the team can depend on, we want to hear from you.
WHO WE ARE
Since 2001, Aluminum Curtainwall Systems Inc (ACS) has designed and manufactured custom curtainwall systems to its customers nationwide. ACS is the sister company to Inland Glass & Aluminum Ltd, which was established in Kamloops in 1974. Our mission is to provide the highest quality product, while insuring an inclusive and safe work environment for our employees.
We have current opportunities in our manufacturing facility for assembly and crating on our afternoon shift: Sunday to Thursday from 3:30 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
Our manufacturing crew works in a fast-paced environment to ensure deadlines are met, while maintaining quality work. Safety is our top priority, so all employees receive a throughout safety orientation before their first shift.
Is This You?
- Able to demonstrate organizational, time-management and decision-making skills;
- Able to work individually and as a team member able to safely and comfortably carry out physical duties
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Reliable with good attitude
- Mechanically inclined
- Previous experience using basic hand and power tools such as, drills, saws, tape measures, and screw drivers.
- Ability to read shop drawings (an asset)
- Willingness to learn and adapt
This is a great opportunity for both new and experienced workers who enjoy working with tools in a physical environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity throughout our organization.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive industry starting wages ($18 - $21 depending on experience) – Wage review after completing a three-month probation period.
- Extended health, dental, vision, LTD, and travel insurance
- RRSP Matching after one year
- Employee Assistance Program
- Annual Boot and Pant Allowance
- Employee appreciation BBQs/Lunches, event parties, and employee of the month prizes.
- Work with great people and make new friends.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
- Job Advertisement Goes Live
- You apply with a resume (Tip… include a cover letter to highlight what makes you great)
- If shortlisted, you will be invited to a telephone interview
- In person interviews are held outdoors currently when possible
- Reference checks completed
- Successful candidates receive a job offer
- New team members attend an orientation to prepare them for the first day
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00-$21.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Basic hand and power tool: 1 year (preferred)
- General Labourer: 1 year (preferred)
- BC Driver's License (required)
Work Location: In person