Job Advertisement – Accounts Payable Clerk
Who Are We?
Founded just outside of Vancouver, Canada in 1979, Regency Fireplace Products has grown to be a world leader in the design, manufacture, marketing, and sales of hearth products. From an entrepreneurial start-up business, we’ve grown into a sophisticated organization of more than 400 employees across Canada, the United States and Australia; supplying over 2000 retailers around the world. In 2016, we became a member of the NIBE Group, a global company that develops and manufactures intelligent, energy-efficient indoor comfort solutions for all types of properties. We create amazing fireplace products focusing on our Brand Promise: Service | Reliability | Quality | Innovation. Simply put, our vision is:
To provide sustainable comfort and ambience that enriches everyday lives.
Who works here?
At Regency, our vision has always been creating the finest of fireplace products! With an ever-growing demand for our products, our ISO-9001:2015 certified head office campus includes a 240,000 square feet manufacturing facility with state-of-the-art robotic technologies and our own R&D Innovation Center, right next door. We operate with a flat organizational structure which allows our employees to contribute to strategic initiatives. We’re a diverse group of forward thinkers. We’re passionate and we care about the environment and sustainability. We’re on a mission to continue to create highly efficient and stunningly beautiful fireplaces.
In this dynamic, fast-paced environment, the Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for processing Accounts Payable information in an accurate and timely manner. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this position also assists the Finance department in various other duties, including participation in the month end and other closing processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive, verify and batch invoices
- Match invoices with PO’s, packing slips, and other documentation
- Reconcile, code, and post payables and invoices
- Prepare and issue weekly cheque runs in multiple currencies (CDN, USD, AUD)
- Perform cheque matching and processing for mailing
- Follow up with purchaser, receiver and vendors to resolve invoice discrepancies
- Maintain and prepare adjustments to credit cards throughout the month ensuring all statements are submitted with appropriate backup/receipts and approvals
- Maintain accounts payable filing system by scanning and filing various documents
- Interact and communicate with the Finance team and other necessary departments on a daily basis
- Participate in the month end closing process
- Maintain professionalism and act in a manner consistent with FPI mission and guiding principles.
- Follow all Health & Safety programs; actively participate in Health & Safety training with the purpose of gaining knowledge and understanding.
- Contribute to a positive work environment focusing on Lean and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Other related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SPECIFICATIONS:
- Strong organizational skills; able to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Accurate data entry – both keyboard and numeric required
- Ability to build strong working relationships with peers
- Basic accounting knowledge (general ledgers & tax implications)
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal) in English
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and Outlook
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Accounts Payable preferred
- Previous experience working in an inter-company environment an asset
WHY WORK AT REGENCY?
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and inspired people setting the standard of creating quality fireplace products that bring people together
- We offer a competitive compensation package, including profit sharing, an RRSP matching program, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, critical illness and mental health coverage, out of country travel coverage and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- We have adopted a hybrid work environment, with flexible work hours. We love the ability to get together in the office. We know we are better when we are together, but we recognize how effective and environmentally friendly it can be working from home.
- We understand the importance of work/life balance that’s why we work a compressed work schedule which offers short Fridays. This gives you an early start to every weekend!
- We’re all about Continuous Improvement (we hope that you are too!) To allow employees to continue to develop in their careers, we offer Professional Development opportunities - both internally and externally.
- Have fun with our team! Get a group together to take part in our team building or health & wellness activities. Some past activities have included: Skiing/Snowboarding, Half Marathons, Go-Karting, a round of golf, and more.
- Love our products as much as we do? Take part in our Employee Purchase Program and enjoy our products in yours or a family members home!
- Each person plays a critical piece in our organization, and we understand how much impact employees can make in their work. We recognize employees for their contributions through service awards, our peer recognition program, and spot awards, for special projects and over achievement.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume with cover letter to the Human Resources Department by applying on this website.
We thank all applicants for applying but only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to $60,000.00 per year
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Delta, BC