- Location: This opportunity has the ability to be remotely based within Canada (except for QC), or onsite/hybrid/remote in the Vancouver, BC Lower Mainland.
- Annual Base Salary: $56,400 - $64,500 CAD
- Please note that employment is contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks and background checks, including a Canadian criminal background check.
- Please upload your application files in PDF format only.
Safe Software is looking for an enthusiastic Quality Analyst I to join our FME Form product group. As a Quality Analyst I, you'll play an important role in ensuring that the FME product platform meets our standard of excellence for all of our customers.
Primary responsibilities include working with developers to design and develop test plans and test dataset, and executing both manual test cases and creating and code reviewing automated tests in Python. The role also includes testing complex systems and identifying problems before they can impact our customers, troubleshooting, and reproducing issues reported by users.
Quality Analysts are embedded directly within each FME Form product development team. As part of the FME Form product group, you’ll join a group of collaborative development teams composed of product managers, team leaders, developers, quality analysts, and student interns who work together on complex technical projects that provide direct value to our users.
As a part of this close-knit and diverse team, you will work together with internal stakeholders to maintain and extend our flagship FME Form products that delight customers and empower them to author data flows that can be shared, reused, and integrated with the FME Platform.
As a Quality Analyst I, you will:
- Guide product quality in collaboration with the development team using Kanban
- Write detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Create and review automated GUI test development in Squish using Python
- Create clear and concise defect reports and enhancement requests
- Provide input on user experience, including performance, to product development
- Set up test environments using AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, ArcGIS Online, etc.
- Participate in quality community meetings to share ideas and concepts
- Explore new technical areas: containerization, web services, databases, etc.
Quality Analysts come from a variety of backgrounds with diverse skills and knowledge. Those who are most successful in this role have experience with the following.
- A passion for high quality software and the application of quality standards
- An internal motivation and proactive approach to helping others
- A practical understanding of testing concepts and techniques
- Ability to think critically and curiously to solve complex problems
- Ability to thoroughly test applications and features with a high attention to detail
- Able to work independently or collaborate to solve problems
- 1-2 years of previous experience working on in a testing role or relevant work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including active listening
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Experience with manual functional and performance testing of desktop applications
- Experience with Squish, Python, or similar automated GUI test development framework
- Experience with Qt or a similar object-oriented GUI toolkit
When you choose a career with Safe Software, you’re also choosing…
- Meaningful Work: Make a profound impact across our business, workplace and data integration product.
- A Supportive Environment: Feel empowered to share your ideas and implement them with high autonomy and team support.
- Social Responsibility: Become a part of a team that finds meaningful ways to give back. Take the day off to volunteer for a cause that matters to you or join our D&I Committee and shape our collective future.
- Learning & Career Development: We believe in your continuous learning and growth. Take advantage of an annual learning budget and training programs paid for by Safe.
- Flexible Working Hours: Flexible and remote-friendly work arrangements to fit your lifestyle. Work when you want, and how you want to.
- Work-Life Balance: There's no place for burnout at Safe. Maintain a healthy balance of your personal and work life without splitting yourself in two. Enjoy 3 weeks of vacation to recharge, plus an additional paid 6 seasonal days off per year.
- Health & Wellness: Extended health, dental and counseling benefits from day 1. That’s right, no waiting period.
- Shared Success: Share in Safe’s success with our bi-annual profit sharing and RRSP/TFSA matching program.
- An Accessible Commute: Regardless of your commute method, we’re located close to public transit, and provide complimentary parking and bike storage for our team!
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 200 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact [email protected].