Full Time Employment Opportunity COMPETITION #MLL194/23-24
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Procurement, the Contract Manager is responsible for providing guidance and direction to Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries (MBLL) management and staff on contract issues related to major acquisitions, while delivering exceptional customer service. This position serves as the point of contact on contractual matters for internal and external customers and maintains all contractual records and documentation.
- Communicate contract status, including renewal, active, lapsed, litigation and negotiation situations, and provide advice to internal customers.
- Lead and manage inter-departmental teams involved with supply and service contract processes.
- Participate as a team member in the development of strategies, and review of complex contractual issues.
- Analyze new law, regulation & contract trends for potential impact on corporate goals and objectives.
- Conceive, develop, and deliver techniques, practices and procedures for contract formation and administration in a manner that best protects company interests.
- Develop, establish, implement and enforce vendor guidelines, obligations and service level agreements for the organization.
- Monitor competitive terms and vendor satisfaction with MBLL’s terms and conditions and contracting practices. Recommend changes as required.
- Keep up-to-date on current trends, practices and legal requirements in the contracts field.
- Provide leadership through solid people management practices.
- Recruit, manage, coach and evaluate the performance of employees.
- Ensure that department employees provide excellent customer service.
- Provide training, guidance & direction and ensure positive morale and motivation of employees.
- Resolve problems & issues and provide conflict resolution in a sensitive and professional manner.
- Ensure all applicable policies and procedures are understood and adhered to by all employees.
- Carry out all required duties and responsibilities of a supervisor of workers, as outlined under provincial safety and health legislation.
- A post-secondary degree in Management, Business or a related field, complemented by accreditation as a Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP), or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ongoing professional development is required to maintain designations and stay current with changes in the profession.
- A minimum of seven years progressively responsible procurement experience in a diverse range of work, with four to five years’ experience in a supervisory or management role.
- Specific knowledge/training in proposal writing, customs and trade requirements, competitive bidding, contract law, strategic sourcing techniques, and contract management strategies.
- Demonstrated management experience with the ability to analyze and solve problems independently using good judgment, strong leadership and organizational skills, adoption of best practices, strong initiative and ability as a self-starter, excellent human resource management and labor relations skills.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills and demonstrated political acumen.
- Experience in the gaming or liquor industry is considered an asset.
- Bilingual (French/English) language skills.
**Position description is currently under review and subject to change.
*** Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. We strive to hire a workforce that reflects the community we serve. Employment equity will be considered therefore applicants who identify as women, Indigenous people, members of racialized groups, and persons with a disability are encouraged to apply.
If you require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know how we can meet your needs.
Salary: $38.09 - $50.53
Bargaining Unit: EXEMPT
Location: Buffalo Place
Individuals should apply by completing our online application form at www.mbll.ca/jobsor by submitting a resume and application to [email protected]
All applications are due by September 25, 2023.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38.09-$50.53 per hour
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-25