Advocate Printing and Publishing, in Pictou Nova Scotia, is seeking to hire a Shipper / Receiver who will help ensure customer orders of printed communication products are safely loaded for distribution to customers, and supplies are safely received into inventory. This employment term will last approximately 4 months (to end of January 2024).
Reporting to the Warehouse & Distribution Manager, the Shipper / Receiver will work with Press Production, Maintenance, Operations, and Office Staff receiving and processing printed products as required. The Shipper / Receiver must also work with and provide back-up support for other members of the Shipping and Distribution Team as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure printed products are shrink wrapped and accurately labeled for distribution.
- Safely operate forklifts, pallet jacks and other equipment to carry out daily duties in an efficient manner.
- Safely load and unload finished products from trucks and other vehicles as required.
- Ensure incoming goods are properly and safely stored and labeled as required.
- Assist others with and perform order set-ups and proper packaging of orders.
- Ensure proper and safe use of storage racking in warehouse and loading docks.
- Report improper or unsafe storage racking within the warehouse.
- Assist with and perform inventory counts and verification as required.
- Clean and maintain proper housekeeping of warehouse and storage areas.
- Responsible for cleanliness inside shipping and receiving area.
- Verify and scan packing slips with purchase orders and received inventory.
- Perform other shipping, receiving, distribution and administrative responsibilities as requested.
- Follow all safety policies & procedures.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working with forklifts in a warehousing, shipping and/or manufacturing environment.
- Able to use good judgment and decision-making skills when preparing and completing work.
- Knowledge working with computers and experience with Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Able to learn and work with shipping and receiving software programs.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an excellent eye for detail.
- Able to work within a noisy and dusty printing environment with hot and cold temperature fluctuations.
- Able to safely lift up to 50 pounds of printed material.
- Strong attention to detail and customer service oriented.
- Able to perform manual shipping duties such as lifting, packaging, labelling etc.
- An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
What Advocate has to offer
- Recruitment Bonus of $250 after successful completion of the contract term.
All applications will be gratefully accepted however, only those being considered will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $17.00-$18.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pictou, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- This position requires the candidate to work on-site in the Pictou location. Do you have a valid drivers liscence and transportation to work?
Work Location: In person