Project Manager – BC HealthCare Digital Tools
Total Systems Solutions Consulting Inc. https://totalsystems.ca is seeking a PROJECT MANAGER –PCDE ATTACHMENT to work for our public sector client at the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) in the Province of British Columbia. This is role is a Remote, full-time 40 hours per week with availability Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm in the Pacific Time Zone.
The consultant is expected to start ASAP and the contract length is 2 years.
The DHSO delivers provincial digital health strategies and business transformations by relentlessly focusing on the end user and the end-to-end health services journey for everyone in British Columbia.
We concentrate on the design and delivery of digital health tools and platforms to support the ongoing evolution of a connected health system and digitally enabled health care. By collaborating with all provincial health sector partners, we ensure an equitable approach to addressing health sector priorities.
While we spur innovation and change through strategic architecture for technology, it is never just about the technology, but about solving the problem.
Primary Care Digital Enablement (PCDE) seeks to create an integrated, well-coordinated system of team-based primary and community care. The PCDE portfolio integrates digital tools to help transform the way primary care services are provided to British Columbians, better supporting providers, and improving access and the overall patient experience. The PCDE portfolio also provides solutions which support patients and providers by streamlining workflows, while adding capacity in the system, increasing continuity of care, and information sharing, reducing administrative burdens to providers, and increasing access to secure patient information.
PHSA is looking for a Project Manager to support the in-flight Attachment project in the Primary Care Digital Enablement portfolios. The Project Manager will collaborate with a high-performing team working with other stakeholders including the Ministry of Health, Health Authorities and vendors.
The Project Manager is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Develop/Manage project plans (budget, schedule, risk, etc) with input from Project Team Members and other stakeholders
- Facilitate project communications across the provincial health sector
- Maintain and update program status reports and dashboard
- Development of project charters, business cases and evaluation plans
- Identify and manage organizational change requirements for the project working with provincial health sector Communications Leads
- Manage project scope change processes, and acquire approvals as required
- Manage Project Team performance of project tasks
- Control, track and report on the execution of the project plan and day-to-day aspects of the project
- Control, track and report on project financials (budgeted, planned and spent)
- Control, track and report on current and forecast resource usage
- Control, track and report on issues and risks identified for the project
- Escalate significant issues that cannot be resolved by the Project Team
- Secure acceptance and approval of deliverables from the Sponsor and Stakeholders
- Schedule and chair Project Team meetings
- Documents all findings and recommendations
- Transition project deliverables to Operations (Production Turnover/PTO)
- Submit regular status reports to the PMO, Program Management and Program Steering Committee
- Perform project management processes as per PMO standards
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a degree in clinical informatics, health information science, data science, and/or computer science including training and/or experience in designing solution architecture in health technology domain.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in the related field
- Experience working within the BC Health Sector is highly preferred
- Ability to effectively navigate and deliver results in a large and complex environment is necessary
- Strong forward thinking, analytical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain concepts and topics in layman’s terms to non-subject matter experts and build consensus and credibility among diverse
- stakeholder groups
- Able to work expeditiously as an individual contributor and as a team member
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Working knowledge and experience with agile as well as waterfall project management concepts practices, and deliverables
- Exceptional MS Office skills
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: Up to $90.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Have you worked in the BC Health Sector? If you answered yes, where did you work?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- BC Healthcare Industry: 5 years (required)
- PMP Certification (preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Application deadline: 2023-09-19