Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of 400 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good:
For Children. For Change. For Life.
MEAL Specialist (Remote across Canada)
Manager, Sector Integration & Technical Branding
Full Time Term until Sept 30, 2027
Remote across Canada
Reporting to the Manager, Sector Integration & Technical Branding the MEAL Specialist will provide technical leadership and support for Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) across Programs and Policy (P&P) as part of the Impact Value Stream.
As a MEAL Specialist you will develop M&E systems/platforms that track and measure results, utilizing data for programmatic decision-making, accountability and learning. This position will strengthen M&E strategies through the development and management of performance monitoring systems for individual projects, monitoring designs and project implementation.
This position will also support P&P to ensure optimal program results for beneficiaries and to cultivate strategic donor relations and funding opportunities by leveraging results for resource acquisition, policy influence and ensuring the effective use of evidence to demonstrate impact.
Duties and Responsibilities:Develop impact driven and digitally enable M&E Systems:
Develop and implement MEAL standards and processes:
- Provide technical guidance to M&E system design and infrastructure to support aggregation of program results providing consolidated program information for decision-making.
- Cultivate opportunities to support scale-up and integration of World Vision (WV) mobile technology field applications into data collection and management systems.
- Investigate and pursue opportunities to increase the quality of M&E efforts.
- Promote M&E standards and guidelines, best practices, and state-of-the-art approaches among WVC staff and project partners.
- Provide technical support and oversight to design teams in the development and implementation of M&E systems, while ensuring the quality and relevance of the project’s design.
- Ensure quality of M&E related data to be collected throughout program implementation while supporting project teams to utilize the Collaborative, Learning and Adapting Approach.
- Provide technical guidance to Program/Grant Managers and field teams on conducting baseline assessments, evaluations and setting up monitoring and reporting systems.
- Ensure Programs & Policy (P&P) is leveraging evaluations to support knowledge mobilization activities and donor pre-positioning.
- Support the analysis of quantitative and qualitative field data for specific projects and meta-analysis of impact across the grant portfolio ensuring consistent integration and reporting.
- Provide support to MEAL Team Lead in the development of a portfolio-wide M&E system and reporting for WVC programs.
Strengthen internal relationships and capacities to support MEAL goals:
- Ensure WVC funded P&P influence initiatives are aligned with WVI global M&E technical standards as well as global best practices.
- Contribute to development of WV National, Regional and Global M&E strategies.
- Provide technical guidance to the vetting, selection and monitoring of external consultancies.
- Facilitate and serve as a project liaison for externally managed evaluations.
- Strengthen the capacity of critical stakeholders in data collection methodology and M&E systems through training, coaching, mentoring, and ongoing project support.
- Cultivate opportunities to support scale-up and integration of WV mobile technology field applications into funding opportunities.
- Provide technical guidance to MEAL operations by working with each P&P business unit to design databases, workflows and information hubs.
- Assist the various programs teams with technical evaluation and design, tool development, database management while using data verification techniques.
Establish strategic partnerships and alliances for external representation of WVC’s programming:
- Represent the impact of WVC’s program portfolio to external donors and partners using assessment findings and lessons learned.
- Promote innovation, formative and operational research opportunities.
- Review journal publications, research findings and conference presentations to support Knowledge Mobilization opportunities.
- Foster relationships with academic and research institutions to support strong research methodologies for program evaluations and operational research.
- University degree (Masters preferred) in a development field, social science, economics, or other related discipline, with an emphasis on Monitoring and Evaluation.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in both development and humanitarian contexts in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing activities of international development projects.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies such as qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement.
- Demonstrated experience in using M&E data for decision-making and policy influence.
- Experience in using Statistical Software Packages for descriptive and inferential data analysis (e.g. SPSS, Epi Info, R); experience with qualitative software packages is an asset (e.g. NVIVO.)
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience in designing survey tools and instruments, developing frameworks for project design.
- Deep knowledge of donor M&E requirements, guidelines and priorities of Global Affairs Canada (knowledge of other institutional donors including multilaterals considered an asset.)
- Strong negotiation, diplomacy, and leadership skills with the ability to mobilize stakeholders into partnerships and alliances.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and French are highly desirable.
- Expectation of international travel of approximately 2-4 trips per year, including potentially to high risk environments.
Why consider us?
- World Vision Canada has consistently been awarded Canada and GTA top employer awards.
- We are Canada’s largest development, relief, and advocacy non-profit organization.
- We embody an Agile mindset here.
- We offer competitive pay and benefits. Our comprehensive health benefits start at day 1 which includes a Health Spending Account.
- We match pension contributions up to 6% and provide a top-up for pregnancy & parental leaves.
- We offer extra time off for restoration by closing for an additional day on long weekends, 6 times a year.
- We provide up to six weeks’ vacation, plus paid sick days, personal days & wellness days.
- We offer a family-friendly, caring, and flexible work environment.
We bring life-saving support in times of disaster. We help poor communities to take charge of their futures. We provide small loans and training that boost family livelihoods. We work with policy makers to change the way the world is run. Our Christian faith teaches us that every child, regardless of gender, faith or race, is a precious gift to the entire world - and that their wellbeing concerns us all. We shall never rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed.
Canada's Top 100 Employers GTA Top 100 Employers
Our Core Values:
We are committed to the Poor. We are Christian. We are Stewards. We value People. We are Partners. We are Responsive.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.