Provides leadership, support and promotes health based on the Population Health Model within the Northern Health Region (NHR):
- Thompson, Gillam, Leaf Rapids, Lynn Lake, Wabowden, Pikwitonei, Thicket Portage, and Ilford
- The Pas, Flin Flon, Snow Lake, Sherridon, Cormorant, Easterville, Grand Rapids, and Moose Lake
Responsible for the overall leadership of initiatives, activities and programs within the assigned Public Health role. Achieves this
utilizing expertise in the six critical program areas of prevention, education, care, management, support and research. Creates
interdisciplinary collaborative relationships with fellow health care team members and other community agencies to ensure a high
standard of practice and delivery of quality client care.
Guided by the NHR Public Health Principles, including health equity, harm reduction and a commitment to outreach and non-
judgmental services, this position will strive to improve the health status of the residents of the NHR working from an advanced
understanding and knowledge of Disease Management, harm reduction, population health, determinants of health, and case
management delivered within a public health framework. Develops and implements health strategies from a trauma informed care
and client centered strength/holistic approach.
• Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Current active practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM)
- Current certification from a recognized Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider, or obtain within three (3) months of
- Valid Manitoba Class V driver’s license and access to a vehicle,
- Certification in Community Health Nursing through the Canadian Nurses Association preferred
- Two (2) years’ experience within the past five (5) years in Public Health/Community Health nursing with emphasis on health
promotion, illness prevention, health protection, and community development/mobilization
- Thorough knowledge of Windows based programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet
- Satisfactory employment record required
- Successful candidate subject to provide security checks in accordance with Security Checks for Employment Policy (HR-02-
80. Waived for internal candidates with current checks on file.
For a full listing of qualifications please:
Resources/Job Description, then select the applicable department; or,
- Internal Candidates: Refer to the Job Description which is posted on the Intranet under Department/Human
- External Candidates: Contact Human Resources to request a copy
Northern RHA strives to have a diverse workforce in an inclusive and accessible workplace,
which provides opportunity for reasonable accommodation.
Indigenous applicants are encouraged to self-declare when submitting applications & resumes.
We thank all candidates for applying. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Using Google Chrome, Apply online at www.northernhealthregion.ca
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Note: In the event of technical difficulties with the online application, please contact Human Resources at
[email protected] for assistance.