Headquartered in Longueuil, Québec, Canada, Héroux-Devtek is a globally active company serving the Aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the Landing Gear market.
Located in Saint-Hubert, on the South Shore of Montreal, the Héroux-Devtek engineering office is where it all starts. It is in our recent building, bright and protected from traffic jams that we design, test, and qualify the landing gears of tomorrow.
In an exceptional working environment where teamwork and collective BBQs mix, our engineers and technicians leave nothing to chance; the smallest details of each part are analyzed to ensure that our products meet the highest demands of the industry. Multidisciplinary teamwork and is the key to our success and makes Héroux-Devtek an innovative and agile company.
What we offer?
- Leaders who invest in your success and your development daily.
- Competitive salaries linked to performance and hybrid working hours (depending on responsibilities)
- A comprehensive group insurance plan and a very competitive pension plan
- Support for the payment of contributions to the professional order or relevant certifications & Trainings
- Funding for additional technical, linguistic, and behavioral training relevant to the role and development.
- Free access to a virtual doctor and the employee assistance program (24/7)
- Social activities for all employees (BBQ, Golf, Christmas parties, etc.) and unlimited hot drinks!
- Generous referral bonuses and advantageous recognition programs
- A motivating work environment and a human management style where you can make a difference.
Summary of position:
We are looking for a specialist in the literary field who supports technical publications and create and modify writing projects. You collaborate with the technical Publication team to provide editorial support and develop content for technical publications to the highest quality content possible.
The candidate should have a working knowledge of the aviation orientated technical publications as a whole and the particular disciplines required to produce same. They should know the ATA2200/S1000D specifications as well as the various types of software available to produce publications to the specifications.
The position shall report to the Technical Services Manager of Product Support for Heroux Devtek.
- Create repair / assembly / disassembly procedures from engineering drawings and approved source data in logical sequence in English;
- Perform update, corrections of manual (AMM, CMM, SRM etc) and Service Bulletin.
- Ensure the publications are written in a way to protect the intellectual property of HD as well as HD’s commercial interest.
- Research, plan and revise technical component maintenance manuals and aircraft maintenance tasks in electronic format using engineering and approved data from multiple sources,
- Ensure the quality and integrity of tall Technical Publication department deliverables;
- You have a college diploma in aerospace, or equivalent, combined with a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Technical Writer and have a technical background in the aircraft industry;
- You have good understanding of Landing Gear or Hydraulic component design and operation (an asset)
- You have good understanding of the change drivers, interchangeability requirement and Con?guration Management;
- You must have good computer skills and the ability to read and understand engineering documentation per ASME Y14.100, including Engineering drawings and associated documentation.
- You must have a good understanding of ATA 2000, 2200 speci?cations;
- You must have a good understanding of S1000D speci?cation;
- You have a good knowledge of SGML and XML authoring languages;
- You must be proficient with CATIA, all of?ce suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project), Framemaker, and should be able to quickly learn and adopt any new tools and technologies;
- You demonstrate good judgment, leadership and team spirit. Must be customer oriented and have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- You have experience in product development (an asset);
- You have knowledge and hands on experience with assembly/repair of landing gear (an asset) and Customer Support ;
Software: Microsoft Office Suite; CATIA; Composer, Solidworks Framemaker; SGML / XML, Adobe Acrobat; graphic software such as Paint, Snagit, Photoshop,
Are you known for your ability to adapt and learn? Do you like to surpass yourself and develop in a technically complex environment? Héroux-Devtek offers you the opportunity to work in a friendly environment where skills development is at the center our top priority. Here, employees are at the heart of the realization of the product, developed through engineering centers, factories, a service unit and an accessible and agile head office for fast decision-making.
Be part of a motivating top-notch team !