Ensure production materials are delivered to MacDon Industries on time, in the correct quantity, at the right location, within quality standards.
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities for this position:
- Diligently actions MRP messages to ensure on-time delivery to production and service parts
- Issues Purchase Orders to suppliers
- Process supplier acknowledgements
- Proactive and diligent communication with suppliers to ensure on time delivery
- Monitors past dues through Late Purchase Order report and expedites when necessary
- Maintains accurate and current delivery date information in JDE for inbound supplier shipments
- Review and navigate various reports
- Actions Engineering Change Notices affecting assigned suppliers (manages cut in dates, issues first article POs, supplier communication, etc.)
- Process reject tags by working with supplier quality and engineering on disposition of non-conformant material
- Manages inventory by minimizing/eliminating obsolescence and surplus inventory
- Develops and maintains excellent vendor partnerships
- Communicates with Procurement Specialists to address price increases or discrepancies
- Assists receiving with delivery issues such as quantity discrepancies and missing paperwork
- Maintains MRP parameters, vendor lead times and BOM offsets
- Work with Suppliers in developing quality and on time delivery of parts
- Other duties as assigned by the Purchasing Manager
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education and supply chain training preferred
- Experience in purchasing in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Candidate should be an innovative self-starter and be able to work independently and as part of a multi-skilled team.
- Blueprint reading skills.
- Working knowledge of MRP systems, proficiency with Excel.
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Candidate should be able to employ critical thinking and problem-solving skills while making decisions based on multiple options and decisively determine the right course of action.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills with the ability to consistently meet deadlines.