Join our passionate service team at Isabelle Restaurant + Lounge and work in a stunning new property overlooking Lake Ontario.
Ontario’s best ingredients, prepared with a global twist.
Encouraging genuine connection, Isabelle serves fresh and flavourful dishes ideal for sharing. Discover vibrant flavours inspired by coastal climates from around the world including Mediterranean, Middle Eastern and Californian, brought to life through local ingredients and the bounty of our private farm.
Why join the Isabelle Restaurant + Lounge Team
- Hotel privileges and discounts across all Pearle and Marriott properties globally
- Co-pay benefits for permanent team members after 3 months
- Training and Development to support personal & professional growth
- Ability to grow with Pearle Hospitality, a collection of fine hotels, restaurants and event venues with an exciting hotel expansion plan
- A fun place to work with an amazing team and company culture!
- Communicate and be an example of Isabelle and Pearle Hospitality’s core values by demonstrating genuine and thoughtful hospitality in the day-to-day execution of duties.
- Embody a great service culture and create a high level of service standards and excellence.
- Prepares room for dining by setting tables, decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
- Protects establishment and guests by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Actively participates in briefings, familiarizing oneself with daily features, updates on the wine list and 86’d items.
- Understand the composition of each menu item as well as the ingredients and allergens present in each dish
- Helps guests select food and beverages by presenting menu; offering cocktails and aperitifs; suggesting courses; explaining the chef's specialties; identifying appropriate wines; answering food preparation questions.
- Submit orders to bar and kitchen by recording the guests’ choices, identifying our guests special dietary needs and special requests.
- Thorough understanding of Pearle Hospitality’s allergy awareness program.
- Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression.
- Serves orders by picking up and delivering patrons' choices from bar and kitchen, delivering accompaniments and condiments from service bars.
- Responds to additional guest requirements by inquiring of needs, observing dining process.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses.
- Anticipate our guests needs and aim to accommodate any requests to ensure a 5 star experience.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency while remaining poised during peak periods and seek out additional tasks during slower periods, such as polishing cutlery or glassware, assembling items necessary for reset, etc.
- Obtains revenues by totaling charges; issuing bill; accepting payment; delivering bill and payment to host ; returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons.
What we would like you to bring to the position:
- Restaurant server experience
- Ability to work weekends and nights
- Willingly accept additional tasks as required for the effective functioning of the work unit.
- Communication: Listen attentively to guest's questions and requests. Effectively share information about guest requests
- Organization: Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks as necessary.
- Personable: Professional appearance, positive and proactive attitude, and exhibits genuine and thoughtful hospitality in all interactions.
Pearle Hospitality and affiliated companies, including The Pearle Hotel & Spa, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $15.50 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you presently or have you ever been employed by any affiliated Pearle Hospitality properties? If YES, List location
(ETT: Bread Bars, The Pearle Hotel & Spa, Cambridge Mill, Elora Mill Hotel & Spa, Ancaster Mill, Spencer's At The Waterfront, Whistle Bear Golf Club)
- serving: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person