Primary Location: Alongside in Squamish, BC Canada
Employee Status: Contract
Bridgemans Services Group (BSG), is a global provider of workforce floatels and marine services. BSG customizes services to the exact needs and locations of clients, ensuring solutions meet precise specifications, including logistics, crew transfers, housekeeping, catering, and the fulfillment of all HSE requirements.
The 3rd Officer is responsible for responsible for assisting in the safe navigation, operation, and maintenance of the vessel. They play a crucial role in supporting the senior officers and ensuring the smooth functioning of the deck department.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
· To assist the Master, and Chief Officer and daily tasks and responsibilities
· To familiarize with navigation instruments regulations and work procedures pertaining to tasks assigned and/or to be executed under his responsibility
· Inspect and maintain the fire & safety equipment on board in a state of readiness at all times
· The 3rd Officer is assigned responsibility by the Master, to maintain the bridge with equipment ready as required.
· If on duty prior to departure/arrival - carry out function tests and controls on the bridge, reporting the state of readiness to the Master.
· Responsible for the maintenance of all fire fighting equipment, lifesaving equipment including emergency communication equipment, life rafts, life boats and rescue boat.
· General Radio Operator if appointed by Master
· Keep control and records on all overtime for deck department
· Maintenance of all navigation and signal flags
· Maintenance of the vessel's maritime library of regulations and guidelines
· Maintain Safety Equipment Log
· Maintain the radio log book
· Keep radio watches at sea
· Prepare port documents including vaccination list in co-operation with the Master
· Obtain weather forecasts with regular intervals and if in port prior to departure
· To keep record of crew, customs, store, money list and other necessary port papers
· Check the validity of crew’s vaccinations (also for on signing crew) and prepare list of vaccination if required before arrival
· Holding 2nd mate COC
· Relevant experience on Passenger/ RO-RO/ cruise ship will be an add on
· Valid Seafarers Medical certificate
· Valid STCW courses
· MED A2 / MED A3 and ROC-MC
· ECDIS generic training
· Advanced First Aid an asset
· Ability to clear a drug and alcohol test prior to hiring and potential random tests throughout employment with prior notice;
· Excellent comprehension and command of the English language; (written & verbal);
· Bridge watch rating, SVMO, and simulated electronic navigation limited is an asset.
· Repetitive, physical activity involved (walking, kneeling, reaching, lifting)
· Lifting light to medium weight (up to 20 too 50lbs)
· Exposure to environmental elements including extreme weather conditions
At Bridgemans Services Group we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth and success. We are committed to workplace excellence, safe work environments and the communities where we work and live. Bridgemans Services Group hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment equity and development.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Work Location: In person