Location: CA – Hybrid: Toronto (University Ave.) or Calgary (8th Ave.)
This is a hybrid position primarily based in Toronto or Calgary offices. We’re committed to your flexibility and wellbeing and our hybrid strategy currently requires two days a week in the office, giving you the option to work remotely for some of your working week. Find out more about our culture of flexible working .
We give you a world of potential
We have a unique opportunity for a Certified Equity Professional (CEP) to contribute their talents and strengths to our team as a Stock Plan Administrator.
Before we tell you more about the role, it’s important for you to know a few things about the department that make this such a great place to work, as well as Computershare as a whole.
- Fueled by Venture Capital and Private Equity investment, Private Markets has become the growth engine for economies around the globe. Serving many of the world’s fastest growing companies, from start-up through IPO and beyond, Computershare provides the widest range of equity, governance and compliance services to help founders achieve their dreams. Our flagship SaaS solution, GEMSpm, provides our clients and their investors visibility into cap tables, employee equity plans and associated financial reporting.
- We offer fantastic career development and put a lot of time into training and qualifications to ensure the continuous development of the team.
So, now that you know this is a tremendous department in a company that truly supports their employees, I’m sure you’ll want to find out more about the role and what you’ll be involved in.
A role you will love
The Stock Plan Administrator is responsible for the delivery of high-quality service to clients ensuring that the day-to-day resolution of queries are responded to accurately and with agreed timeframes. The Stock Plan Administrator will also work closely with other internal staff to ensure all client activity is actioned and reviewed to meet strict deadlines and service delivery levels.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Resolve client inquiries in a timely and professional manner by leveraging our internal case management system (Salesforce and Intercom).
- Act as a point of escalation for day-to-day operations of the support team.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the software platform as well as industry standards (including GAAP, IFRS, Cap Table and complex equity compensation plans). Provide insight and quality responses for all inbound requests.
- Review incoming requests and identify trends/patterns across customer base in order to identify issues as well as potential solutions.
- Identify, reproduce, and document bugs for the product and development teams.
- Assist with product development by testing new features and bug fixes, as well as understanding and speaking on behalf of client user experience.
- Manage and deliver projects focused on the implementation of new clients, this includes data conversation/migration/load to the system, as well as training and configuration.
- Participate, and manage where appropriate any special initiatives that don’t fit into the standard client servicing and implementation models.
- Create, maintain and update procedure documents, provide analysis and support for special process improvements, project enhancements and education initiatives.
What will you bring to the role?
The role will operate within defined technical and operational procedures, which require proficient knowledge and awareness on how to apply them. Knowledge for the role will be pre-existing or acquired through on the job training and experience. A good understanding of how the wider team works together to successful achieve their team and wider department goals and objectives. The role holder also requires basic understanding of external competitor products and services in order to support continuous improvement and project related activities.
Other education and key skills required for the role include:
- Level 1 - Certified Equity Professional (CEP) certification (REQUIRED).
- Continued pursuit and designation beyond level 1 CEP (PREFERRED).
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; at least 4 years related experience and/or training in the industry or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of Private Company Services, such as cap table, waterfall analysis, equity compensation and round modelling, preferred shares and convertible notes. Basic understanding of a company lifecycle from starting out to pre-IPO.
- Requires tact and diplomacy when dealing with challenging clients, complaints, or sensitive issues. Where supporting continuous improvement or project related activity the role holder will need to communicate across teams clearly and effectively within same department.
Rewards designed for you
Employee Share Plan. Set aside salary to purchase shares in our company and you’ll receive a company contribution as well.
Health and Wellbeing. Our health and wellbeing rewards can be tailored to support you and your family.
Save for Your Future. We will support you along your retirement savings journey.
Paid time away from work. Our employees enjoy a competitive paid time off package, including a day each year to volunteer time for a good cause that is important to you.
Employee Discounts. We’ve partnered with other organisations to offer you extra savings. Enjoy discounts with banks, car manufacturers, on flights, accommodation, and days out as well as with many big brand shops.
Extra Rewards. From tuition reimbursement to cash bonus recruitment referral programs, our comprehensive benefits package offers a multitude of options.
A company to be proud of
Computershare (ASX:CPU) is a world leader in financial administration with 14,000+ employees across 22 different countries delivering expertise to over 25,000+ clients. At Computershare, it’s more than just a job, our open and inclusive culture means that we will help you to grow, to move forward and make the most of the world of opportunities we have available. With infinite possibilities, we could take you anywhere.
A diverse and inclusive place to work
Computershare celebrates the diversity of our people, and we welcome applications from everyone. We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected, and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers’ needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.
We are happy to accommodate individual needs during your application journey. If you require disability accommodations or adjustments, please email us at [email protected]
detailing your requirements and contact information.
Computershare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Since 1978 we have been trusted by other companies to manage their shareholder registry and shareholder transactions. Since then, as our clients’ needs evolved, so has our portfolio of services. We help companies to manage their relationships with investors more effectively and fulfil complex company secretarial obligations, regulatory and governance requirements.
Working in Issuer Services could mean anything from assisting shareholders with their portfolios, managing company meetings, enabling access to global markets, or supporting the highest standards of regulatory compliance across the world.