At Avina, we strive to provide the best working environment for our team by ensuring a work-life balance, opportunities for recognition and growth, and an overall supportive and positive environment. We highly value our team of staff who are like family to us and aim to promote diversity, respect and a long-term career for our employees.
We are an organization dedicated to sourcing and processing quality mushrooms to meet our customer's needs. Our employees an integral part of our company. They play a key role in continuous improvement and are committed to delivering quality food.
We are recruiting for General Farm Workers and can provide flexibility for the right candidates to meet your needs!
- Plant, fertilize, cultivate, spray, irrigate and harvest crops;
- Operate materials handling machinery such as tractors, forklifts and front end loaders
- Maintain farm machinery, tools and equipment
- Maintain or assist in the maintenance of facilities and farm infrastructure including cleaning of the facility.
- Follow all the safety standards
- Report to and follow directions of a farm supervisor
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work long hours with repetitive tasks
- Ability to handle heavy workloads, in which can be physically demanding
- Ability to distinguish between colors, hand-eye coordination, and manual dexterity
- Ability to bend, crouch, stand and kneel for long extended periods
- Ability to work at a high level height
- Ability to work in various environments: cold refrigerated, dusty, strong odors
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Reliable transportation (location is not along public transportation route)
- Extended Health Benefits (depending on work schedule and eligibility)
- Annual performance reviews
- Team building
- Opportunities for recognition & growth
Salary: $17.31-$22.00 per hour, 40-60 hours per week.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $17.31-$22.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Abbotsford, BC V4X 2E8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person