With a legacy that spans over 100 years, Stelco is a company that has grown along with Canada and its global partners. We understand that twenty-first century competition demands the highest quality products, period. So, Stelco is bringing together the people, technology, and unmatched market knowledge to, once again, take on that challenge from here at home.
Why Join Us?
- New 5 year Collective Agreement with wage, benefit, pension and bonus enhancements
- Competitive Benefit Wellness Package
- Cost of Living Allowance & Shift Premiums paid out hourly starting Day 1
- Guaranteed wage increases in each year of the collective agreement
- Competitive vacation entitlements and minimum 20%-30% premium paid on vacation hours
- Productivity payment plan (bi-weekly) and profit sharing plan (quarterly) based on Company performance and key goals
- Company paid Defined Contribution Pension Plan (RRSP) with no employee contribution required.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program available
- All Personal Protective Equipment, tools, and job training provided at no cost
The Task Requirements of the job are as follows:
- Operates mobile cranes by means of levers, pedals, pushbuttons, etc.
- Operates cranes to load, unload and position materials, machinery and equipment.
- Moves cranes to various work stations.
- Works in partnership with other maintenance and operating personnel and may direct or assist these personnel as pertains to own work.
- Raises or lowers personnel in baskets as required.
- Judges overhead and side clearances, safe loads and speeds, use of outriggers if necessary.
- Inspects rigging, works with and assists riggers and accepts responsibility for all lifts.
- Assists in changing crane cables.
- Checks condition of mobile cranes and auxiliary equipment using checklists or established procedures.
- Records miscellaneous information as directed by supervision.
- Responsible for the addition of fuel, oil, water, air, etc. as required.
- Cleans, lubricates and makes minor repairs to cranes and equipment.
- Keeps immediate working area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Observes all safety regulations for the safe performance of duties.
- Hoisting Engineer Certificate of Qualification (339A)
- Minimum of two years experience in an industrial environment.
The Work Environment Requirements of the job are as follows:
- The job is within a heavy industrial environment and you may be required to work within various areas of the facility. Depending on the area you work in, the environmental conditions may be hot, cold, dirty, dusty, wet or noisy.
- Safety is our highest priority, and safety procedures and guidelines must be adhered to at all times. This includes wearing personal protective equipment, such as a hard hats, eye protection, hearing protection, respirators, flame retardant clothing and safety shoes with metatarsal protection at all times during a work shift.
- Employees work in a unionized, highly industrial setting.
The Work Schedule Requirements of the job are as follows:
- Our Hamilton facility operates 24 hours per day, 365 days a year with varying hours of work including 8 and 12 hour rotating shifts.
- This means that you may be required to work different days of the week each time you rotate shifts. In other words, you may be required to work Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- The position requires you to work overtime as needed.
- Punctuality and attendance are extremely important to the success of the operations in general as well as contributing to an overall positive team environment.
The Physical Requirements of the job are as follows:
- Temperature Tolerance: The ability to withstand extreme temperatures.
- Reaction Time: The ability to quickly respond to process upsets.
- Static Strength: The ability to exert significant muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- Trunk Strength: The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time, including bending and stooping.
- Dynamic Strength: The ability to exert muscle force at intervals throughout a work shift. This involves muscular endurance and resistance to muscle fatigue.
- Agility: The ability to negotiate different areas of the plant, including climbing stairs and ladders, and moving around barriers.
- Manual Dexterity: The ability to quickly move, and react.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Stelco is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Applicants should advise Human Resources if they require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person