IntouchCX is a global leader in customer experience management, digital engagement, and AI and automation solutions. We immerse ourselves in your world with curiosity, creativity, and innovation to deliver exceptional results. For over 20 years, we have scaled with soul to become a disruptive industry leader by building trusted long-term relationships with our brand partners and empowering our people to drive positive change. To learn more about us and our culture, follow the link to Our Story - https://youtu.be/GinyJ-abWJs
About the Job
IntouchCX is a global company with over 20,000 employees worldwide. We provide innovative and transformative customer support for some of the biggest brands in various industries with almost 30k+ users globally.
We’re tech savvy and pride ourselves on our ability to deliver the best service to our customers. As we grow our team, we’re looking for people who can thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
If you value collaboration, diversity, and flexibility, the Senior Systems Specialist role at IntouchCX could be perfect for you!
Reporting to the Manager of System Engineering, the Senior Systems Specialist will be our go-to person for the department. You will respond to a variety of issues, preventing your day from ever being boring or routine, and work with people from across the company on a daily basis.
As Senior Systems Specialist (Windows), You Will…
- Manage and maintain server environments based on Microsoft technologies
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues working closely with business units and clients
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff and other departments for planning and implementing new deployments or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform or administer regular backup operations, system patches, and reports; implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery planning activities and documentation, and failover procedures
- Review for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- Optimize and improve existing server infrastructure deployments, and take ownership of planning new expansions / project implementations against current utilization and expected growth
- Design and implement solutions as requested by business and stakeholders, including research into various options available
- Participate in information security monitoring, incident management, and investigations as required under direction of the Information Security department
- Participate in after hours on-call support rotation
- Travel when required
- Design and architect solutions to meet real business and user needs
- Focus on planning, designing, and implementing future solutions
- Define and document how to operationalize things that are designed and deployed in a useful and repeatable SOP that makes everyone’s lives easier (especially your own)
As Senior Systems Specialist (Windows), You Have…
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a closely related field, or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of experience in managing complex and large IT environments
- Extensive experience of managing Microsoft technologies (Active Directory, IIS and MS SQL)
- Experienced in MS SQL database management, MS MSQL clusters, database performance optimizations and MS SQL version upgrades.
- Working knowledge of virtualization (VMWare),cloud computing (AWS, GCP)
- Knowledge of implementing effective IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools would be a plus
- Knowledge of Identify providers such as Okta or Duo
- Knowledge of Google Workspace (formerly GSuite) would be an asset
- Knowledge of Linux administration would be an asset
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Excellent time-management and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication and technical presentation skills, both written and oral
- Detailed oriented work ethic and are organized with technical design & documentation skills
- Ability to learn new technologies on the fly in a dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment, and respond to emergency situations effectively
- Strong personal desire to know how things work, and to help them work simply and consistently
- Pride in knowing (or learning) what elements in system design make for healthy and effective systems that thrive in their purpose and their implementation
- Be a technology specialist and a team player with the ability to multitask
IntouchCX provides Equal Employment Opportunities in accordance with all provincial and federal laws. IntouchCX is committed to ensuring equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and does not discriminate based on protected characteristics.
Intouch CX is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please let us know.
By signing this application, the applicant consents to IntouchCX collecting, using and retaining his\her personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
Benefits of Working as a Senior Systems Specialist (Windows)…
- Competitive salary ranges from $120,000 - $140,000 CAD (dependent on experience, certifications, and portfolio)
- Industry-leading medical, vision, and dental benefit plans + paid time off benefits
- Amazing career growth opportunities