Receptionist / Admin. Assistant will provide support to the Farrell Mechanical Sales team. We are looking for a candidate with minimum three (3) years office experience (clerical, reception, or assistant roles). Bookkeeping experience is an asset. We require someone who is punctual, efficient, reliable, and has a strong attention to detail and accuracy. Must be proficient in the English language, and have strong written and verbal communication skills. Must have completed high school (higher education diplomas or degrees are a welcomed asset).
- Answer and direct incoming calls.
- Greet customers in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Data entry; Maintain a filing system.
- Receive and process mail and email.
- Accounts payable and receivable; Process payments (in person or over the phone) all using our accounting system (SAGE).
- Monitor and maintain office supplies; Keep common office space tidy.
- Able to take direction, pay attention to detail, work independently.
- Support and assist team with outbound packages (booking shipping pickups, calling couriers, preparing paperwork)
- Other general administrative support or assistance as required (generating and distributing customer statements using accounting software, filing, scanning, photocopying)
The successful applicant will work in our office full time: Monday to Fridays 8:30AM-4:30PM. Group health benefits are available after a three-month probation period. We are a small company with over 40 years in our field.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00-$20.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T5M 2R7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- Front desk: 3 years (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-18