Are you looking to grow your career and knowledge in a fast paced, friendly, safety-oriented environment? Are you up for the challenge of elevating the customer experience through providing the best solution as a trusted partner for our customers?
Department Supervisors are responsible for the sales results and daily management of their area. This includes executing marketing campaigns, managing inventory, and participating in meetings in addition to the duties of a sales associate. This position is for our Kent store located in Shediac, NB – 81 Ohio Rd
What will you do:
- Lead departments by demonstrating the highest standards of safety, customer service and merchandising
- Communicate information and priorities to associates and ensures they have the direction and tools needed to complete their tasks
- Manage associate performance through feedback and identifying training opportunities
- Handle associate and customer concerns in a fair and professional manner
What you will bring:
- Ability to manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Motivate others through their positive attitude to always be improving
- Demonstrate the drive and commitment needed to reach goals
- Experience in retail sales and supervision is preferred
- A knowledge of department products is an asset
- Typical career steps are to manage larger departments prior to becoming an assistant store manager
What we offer:
- Scholarship and Bursaries
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Continuous learning and Career advancement
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of the Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Kent Building Supplies is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees, candidates, and customers.
If you have disabilities that require special accommodation please email, [email protected]
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Worried you do not meet all the requirements? Studies have shown that many applicants apply only to job opportunities when they feel they meet 100% of the criteria. At Kent we promote an inclusive environment where everyone is appreciated, recognized, and empowered to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are worried you did not meet all the requirements, we would encourage you to still apply.
Apply Online today or drop your resume off in store!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time