Under the supervision of the financial controller, the credit risk officer is responsible for managing the credit risk of a company. Credit risk is the risk of loss that a company faces when it extends credit to a borrower.
The credit risk officer is responsible for managing the credit risk of the company by monitoring the credit worthiness of borrowers, approving, or denying loan applications, and setting credit limits. The credit risk officer also reports to HQ on several subjects and will be responsible for achieving KPIs which are important for the whole group.
The incumbent of this position must demonstrate excellent technical skills, necessary to adapt to a very dynamic work environment, and work productively with minimal supervision.
This position requires someone who is self-directed, and who has a desire to help people solve their problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or equivalent required
- 3 years’ experience in a credit or finance department or similar role
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must have experience with SAP
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with CRM is an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to be able to communicate with top management
- Preferably bilingual, both spoken and written (English and French) - In the context of this position, communications with internal and external stakeholders in English and French will be required.
- Attention to detail; ability to remain focused and organized; ability to be dynamic and take decisions.
The main duties and responsibilities of the Credit Risk Officer, include but not limited to:
- Maintain communication between internal and external stakeholders for a rigorous cash control, adherence to SOPs, KPIs achievement and a seamless year end audit.
- Perform due diligence and research necessary to fully understand the customer, analyze and interpret financial data and credit information.
- Receive and analyze financial information, credit reports, public credit scores and other data.
- Reviewing payment terms and financing applications, credit reports, and other documentation to determine whether to approve or deny applications.
- Stay up to date of the market and trends in commercial fitness business financing through 3rdparty financing companies and banks.
- Perform other duties consistent with the purpose and responsibilities of the position, such as writing reports, assisting with compliance-related tasks, and completing department-assigned projects and reports.
- Monitor credit risk, recommend and implement solutions to deal appropriately with customers who exceed their credit limit, go out of business or are involved in litigation or bankruptcy proceedings.
- Working with team members to draft contracts, agreements, and other legal documents related to sales quotes and agreements.
- Follow up on Invoice collection based on approved payment terms.
- Achieves high percent of task target dates
- Suggests, develops and improves current work processes
- Willing to assist others when his/her tasks are complete
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, top management and co-workers
- Contributes to a positive working environment
- Can work with a diverse group of people to determine product needs
- Able to effectively solve problems
- Able to plan, organize resources and establish priorities for work assignments with optimum results
- Able to handle multiple projects
- Maintain flexibility and willingness to work in situations of flux and in a fast-paced environment
Communication & Teamwork:
- Keeps others informed
- Promptly resolves conflicts and misunderstandings
- Open to suggestions and feedback from others
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions
- Work with others in a team environment
- Is consistently accurate
- Commander and follows tasks to completion
- Puts forth consistent effort and successfully completes assigned tasks in a timely manner without sacrificing quality
- Office environment with possibility of one day work from home.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00-$83,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- credit or finance or similar: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person